Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thank you to @RAWRitsRED for suggesting that there should be a thread for this. I have changed the title so that we can post any virtual masterclasses on here so people can register. 

A1F93164-AAC2-43CD-9B9F-D5543FF4ED94.jpeg

https://www.sephora-events.com/?%24web_only=true&om_mmc=ret-us_news1_1eb6b917-2b7b-4130-845d-d538b6b...

Re: Virtual Masterclass Thread

@Buootiful you know if that same MUA came back for Givenchy I'd be tempted to spend the 100 points as that was the best class I've attended. She showed a lot of tips and tricks - especially if they sweeten the pot by giving us like a 15% off code for the products she uses in the class or something. BUT she'd be the only one that would really tempt me to spend points. I wish if they're going to make this a pay to play event from now on they'll make it so everyone gets a sampler kit with deluxe samples that you could see beforehand. I mean I think a lot of people would do that for higher end classes like the one La Mer just did. 

Well this stinks. I just did the La Mer one on Thursday but I'm not spending 100 points to *maybe* get a sample bag especially if it's like the one that Gucci did that gave out card samples that you can get for free with a Sephora order.

This is such a shame @niki172 , me either. There are so many positives from these but this is too tricky. And disappointing! I’m never fast enough to get a sample and the LaMer I truly truly hoped for. 😢

@Sunnysmom I'm sorry 😥 it's like if you're going to be able to grab a goodie bag you can't take your time and fill out all the questions thoroughly. I did that and I missed out on the Murad one - I'm not sure that's a good message to send to people.

Yup @niki172 wishing there was some compromise on this. Or maybe they need to do more classes separately with less people so all could have samples. Tho what’s the difference I guess vs one big class. Lol. I feel like it should be just “you get a car and you get a car”! You all get a car! 😂

@SportyGirly125  @curlychiquita  @Mcakes  @eshoe @blackkitty2014 

I am clearly not very observant, because I signed up for it without even noticing the 100 points portion. In the email confirmation, there's an asterisk by the portion about the quick survey. It says "Offer is valid with 100 BI points at time of redemption. Points cannot be refunded in the case of client cancellation on Zoom or no shows." 

So I wonder if time of redemption is when you actually join the meeting? I am thinking I may just cancel my registration.

@PrettyPaint I was excited to see another class because overall, I take away at a minimum one new tip that I can use no matter what products I am using. I don’t think that is truly possible with fragrance. 

@SportyGirly125 @eshoe @blackkitty2014 Agreed! I mean, if they're going to charge points for these classes moving forward they should be giving out free samples to all attendees. I really like Nest so I'm contemplating participating in this, I just wish there was a bigger incentive than a shot in the dark chance you win something!

Yep, not doing it.  I'm never fast enough to be one of the first 200 surveys so I already don't get anything beyond knowledge, so I'm not spending points.  100 points = $100...

@curlychiquita I don't get how it works really.  I was just testing to see if I had to exchange it and nothing.  I got the link but didn't see the points taken out.

@SportyGirly125 @curlychiquita  They'll take the 100 points after you've joined the event. It's in the terms on the signup page (assuming "time of redemption" = the date & time you log into the event): 

F4FE6BB5-042D-4258-92F5-8755C9334964_1_201_a.jpeg

And nope, I'm not spending points to attend these, either. Boo hiss! 

@WinglessOne @SportyGirly125 @Sunnysmom @niki172  I wonder if they will also stop doing them through eventbrite I’m signed up for one Thursday and one Friday. But it’s been awhile since I’ve seen new ones come up too. 

It will be interesting @ather . I hope not. I like them when they work out for my schedule and interests! But I’m not too keen to use my points on them! 

@ather The one for Eventbrite is for Sephora Canada only.  They don't really have that many events compared to the US.  Also, sometimes they wait till the month is over before they post new ones.

@SportyGirly125  Oh ok. Makes sense. 

@WinglessOne It’s weird they are doing it this way. With the makeup by Mario event you had to exchange your points in the Rewards Bazaar to sign up for the masterclass. 

@SportyGirly125  They might be trialing a couple different redemption methods to see which one works best. 

Even if I was willing to spend points to attend one of these sessions, the inability to get a points refund if the session's cancelled (by the client or Sephora) is a total dealbreaker. If that term didn't exist: the session/class/event would have to be AMAZING for me to spend points to attend since there are good free events available elsewhere. I mean, I get that this is yet another part of Sephora's "more experiential rewards than transactional rewards" game plan. But I'm not feelin' this one, especially since I'm more of a transactional customer. 

@WinglessOne I attended a Macy’s Dior event last month but the event got moved to a different day. Since they moved it they said they would send us a free sample of perfume and mascara for the inconvenience. I was shocked that it was a full size Dior mascara that was for $29 and a Dior perfume sample. At least Sephora could do something like that. 

@SportyGirly125  That's awesome! Now that's how you do experiential rewards, Sephora. 

@SportyGirly125 I was surprised--and disappointed--to see that too!  I HOPE it's just a one-time thing.

@CookieGirl1 I hope so too.  I do remember they had a point exchange for a masterclass but it was a Makeup by Mario one.

1,540 Replies
testing