Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thank you to @RAWRitsRED for suggesting that there should be a thread for this. I have changed the title so that we can post any virtual masterclasses on here so people can register. 

A1F93164-AAC2-43CD-9B9F-D5543FF4ED94.jpeg

https://www.sephora-events.com/?%24web_only=true&om_mmc=ret-us_news1_1eb6b917-2b7b-4130-845d-d538b6b...

Re: Virtual Masterclass Thread

How odd, @SportyGirly125! I wonder if it will deduct it after the event...

Yesterday was Masterclass/Virtual Experience Day!

First, I really enjoyed the Sephora La Mer Experience, I did not expect to learn so much! Moisture contouring... total game changer! I can’t wait to attend more Sephora classes, I’m now hooked! 

Then I attended the Jo Malone Masterclass, which was a totally different kind of event. It was a cute session, and I loved that they sent out a box of samples to coincide with different parts of the presentation, like Smell-o-Vision!

442C9169-34B5-40C7-A1A2-B03D49C64159.jpeg

I am now extra excited to receive my order of Brit Collection goodies! 

@LCResz the whole moisture contouring really opened up my eyes! That, I can do. I received an email this morning that I would be receiving the Thank You gift and I am so, so excited to try it out. I took a screenshot of a couple of their recipes, in case anyone who has these wants to try them. 

49722A88-55AA-4E2E-9DDC-8A48F897026C.jpeg

I also did not know your palm absorbs more product than the top of your hand. I usually pump skincare into my palm but I guess it’s time to start using the top! 

It’s nice to learn tricks that can be applied to all skincare.

@eshoe Congrats!!! I got the email as well! What I found interesting was that they were using powder brushes to disperse skincare onto your face. I just was curious how much of the skincare gets "sucked up" into the brush bristles and not deposited onto your face. I'm just going off of what I've observed with foundation as La Mer isn't exactly cheap. I also found it interesting how they applied the soft cream by just pressing a small dollop into your skin with your fingertips for the entire face. I don't use my palms to apply skincare, but with someone with dry skin I don't think that little bit of moisturizer/method will work for me, but I'm going to try it out.

Woohoo, congratulations @niki172 !!! we can compare notes☺️ The brush must be synthetic, I couldn’t imagine doing this with a natural hair brush, it would absorb too much product. 

And YES, my skin is sometimes dry but mostly parched, and I slather my daytime moisturizer on generously. Nighttime not so much but I would say a good 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... .

@eshoe  Congratulations!

Aww thanks @Ispend2much6. I really cannot convey my excitement. I am not a contour gal, and have never mastered bronzer. But I feel confident that I can 👐🏼 pat-pat different moisturizers around my face in an effort to make an appearance of light and shadows!

@eshoe Great tips.  Thank you.  

Just happy to pass them along, @tjffc! I am a note-taker by heart 💜 it’s nice to be able to share with others who might benefit, too.

@eshoe Exactly! I actually used the fingertip and pressing technique with my skincare this morning, and it was rather nice, even though I kept humming Madonna’s “Vogue” while doing it! I didn’t get an email, unfortunately, but I have higher hopes for future events 🤞

Ha ha @LCResz! I promptly forgot but I intend to put those tips to good use tonight:)

@eshoe Yay for the La Mer gift. I didn’t get the email or the HUDA one but got one for Givenchy. 

@SportyGirly125 I did not receive the Murad or ABH ones, but did receive the emails for the Huda and Givenchy. I am very curious what the Givenchy will be, I am thinking mascara but I am usually off on my guesses!

@LCResz @I attended the Jo Malone class since I got an email that spots opened up 30 minutes before the class started. It kind of sucked not having the samples to test and smell with them. It was an interesting class though. 

@SportyGirly125 @LCResz I was able to get in to the later one, just for fun. I loved the background they had, made it very summery. I agree about the sampler, I am very curious about the Elderflower and Rhubarb scents.

@SportyGirly125 The Jo Malone Masterclass was definitely more gimmicky than the La Mer session, but the summer fete theme was cute and you could tell everybody was really getting into playing their parts. I wish they would put out a sampler set for their LE products, it would sell like hot cakes at a $20-$25 price point comparable to other such discovery sets.

@LCResz I agree! The La Mer session was super fun. I'm enjoying these opportunities. 

@EuDeMa Definitely! I miss Sephora live events and BIC get togethers, but I guess this is the next best virtual thing to let us all participate in something fun together!

Thank you for keeping me in the loop, @SportyGirly125 😘

Thx you @SportyGirly125 🌹

1,552 Replies
testing