Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thank you to @RAWRitsRED for suggesting that there should be a thread for this. I have changed the title so that we can post any virtual masterclasses on here so people can register. 

A1F93164-AAC2-43CD-9B9F-D5543FF4ED94.jpeg

https://www.sephora-events.com/?%24web_only=true&om_mmc=ret-us_news1_1eb6b917-2b7b-4130-845d-d538b6b...

Re: Virtual Masterclass Thread

@WinglessOne @SportyGirly125 @Sunnysmom @niki172  I wonder if they will also stop doing them through eventbrite I’m signed up for one Thursday and one Friday. But it’s been awhile since I’ve seen new ones come up too. 

It will be interesting @ather . I hope not. I like them when they work out for my schedule and interests! But I’m not too keen to use my points on them! 

@ather The one for Eventbrite is for Sephora Canada only.  They don't really have that many events compared to the US.  Also, sometimes they wait till the month is over before they post new ones.

@SportyGirly125  Oh ok. Makes sense. 

@WinglessOne It’s weird they are doing it this way. With the makeup by Mario event you had to exchange your points in the Rewards Bazaar to sign up for the masterclass. 

@SportyGirly125  They might be trialing a couple different redemption methods to see which one works best. 

Even if I was willing to spend points to attend one of these sessions, the inability to get a points refund if the session's cancelled (by the client or Sephora) is a total dealbreaker. If that term didn't exist: the session/class/event would have to be AMAZING for me to spend points to attend since there are good free events available elsewhere. I mean, I get that this is yet another part of Sephora's "more experiential rewards than transactional rewards" game plan. But I'm not feelin' this one, especially since I'm more of a transactional customer. 

@WinglessOne I attended a Macy’s Dior event last month but the event got moved to a different day. Since they moved it they said they would send us a free sample of perfume and mascara for the inconvenience. I was shocked that it was a full size Dior mascara that was for $29 and a Dior perfume sample. At least Sephora could do something like that. 

@SportyGirly125  That's awesome! Now that's how you do experiential rewards, Sephora. 

@SportyGirly125 I was surprised--and disappointed--to see that too!  I HOPE it's just a one-time thing.

@CookieGirl1 I hope so too.  I do remember they had a point exchange for a masterclass but it was a Makeup by Mario one.

@SportyGirly125 I want samples if I have to use points lol.

@Samtian if it were a nice sampler set that we could see before the class and it was guaranteed that every attendee would receive one I'd fork over the points especially if it was a brand that I loved. For example I've never used Briogeo before and wanted to see what they had to say. For some reason I didn't get that sample bag and that would be a class I would choose not to spend points on. It wasn't something I was super excited about, but was curious to see what the brand had to show and if they could help me with my hair therapy for lack of a better way to phrase this. I really hope this isn't the new normal.

@Samtian I agree

Oh no! Sephora don’t be cheap on us now 😭

@blackkitty2014 I know right.

Most of these virtual events have been decent, but they're not points worthy in my book.  

@Titian06 @I agree especially if you can go on Eventbrite and get the same classes for free 

@SportyGirly125 @blackkitty2014 @Mcakes I noticed that, and opted not to sign up for that one. It is a bummer, but I suppose if there is a category where I could pass on a virtual class, fragrance would be it🤷🏻‍♀️

@eshoe I signed up for it but there is no place to redeem the 100 points which is odd and it’s not in the rewards bazaar 

How odd, @SportyGirly125! I wonder if it will deduct it after the event...

Yesterday was Masterclass/Virtual Experience Day!

First, I really enjoyed the Sephora La Mer Experience, I did not expect to learn so much! Moisture contouring... total game changer! I can’t wait to attend more Sephora classes, I’m now hooked! 

Then I attended the Jo Malone Masterclass, which was a totally different kind of event. It was a cute session, and I loved that they sent out a box of samples to coincide with different parts of the presentation, like Smell-o-Vision!

442C9169-34B5-40C7-A1A2-B03D49C64159.jpeg

I am now extra excited to receive my order of Brit Collection goodies! 

1,550 Replies
testing