Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thank you to @RAWRitsRED for suggesting that there should be a thread for this. I have changed the title so that we can post any virtual masterclasses on here so people can register. 

A1F93164-AAC2-43CD-9B9F-D5543FF4ED94.jpeg

https://www.sephora-events.com/?%24web_only=true&om_mmc=ret-us_news1_1eb6b917-2b7b-4130-845d-d538b6b...

Re: Virtual Masterclass Thread

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! Yeah, I know it always says that in the rsvp emails*, but that message should be consistent in all of Sephora's communications: email, spoken announcements/intros/outros during events, the "complete the survey" screen that pops up after the event, the survey webpage, etc. Again, if it already is consistent and I misheard or missed reading it in all those places, that's my bad. But I'm used to Sephora having communication consistency issues, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is another example of that. 

I'm not mad about it, though. I don't attend these events just to get a gift. 😂 In fact, I attended the ABH event out of pure curiosity: I'd never heard Anastasia Soare in a tutorial or product intro session before and wanted to see/hear how she'd go about it. I'm not a fan of ABH products in general, so I definitely didn't attend to get samples. I mean, I wouldn't turn down samples... I can usually find homes for things I don't want/need. 

Now I wonder what The Inkey List events' attendees got as a gift. I attended the second session, again mostly out of curiosity since I didn't really need a "skincare 201 (or 102, or whatever)" session: I just wanted to hear the founders' thoughts on various ingredients and products, and get a better sense of the folks behind the brand. Though I disagreed with some of what they and their chat employees said about certain ingredients/products, they won me over with their enthusiasm and end-of-session wine. 🤣 

*Admittedly, I didn't notice it when I first got the rsvp emails. Just goes to show that even folks like me whose careers included paying very close attention to offer disclosures and legal T&C can still miss disclosures like that, depending on where those disclosures are placed (and in what context they appear). 🤦‍♀️

@WinglessOne @SportyGirly125 @Sunnysmom I seem to have heard the same thing at some point, because it sounds familiar. I think that with some events that may be the case. The Tatcha one, I remember them saying there were about 100 people on the call which shocked me. So I wasn’t surprised with the samples on that one, it was pretty incredible.

Are there transcriptions of all webinars, or only for the more recent ones; I am not sure. But they may help lend some insight.

@eshoe Unlike the Sephora Canada events I haven’t seen recordings of the US events released.  

@SportyGirly125 @WinglessOne @Sunnysmom  I know the couple I did said the first 200 but during one of them they said they randomly will choose 200 who filled out the surveys. All the ones I did had 500+ in them. 

Thanks for information @ather @SportyGirly125 . That makes sense , I didn’t realize they all had said that and did think a few mentioned we all would be able to try some of the new products etc so it was a little confusing 😊. All good no worries! Thank you! 

@Sunnysmom  Yeah, I also remember the Sephora event coordinator say all attendees who completed surveys would receive a gift. Though now I see in the RSVP emails (I still have those for 2 of the events) this statement: "The first 200 people to complete the survey will be mailed a special gift!" Sigh... 

If we heard incorrectly in the events we attended, that's our bad. But if not, then Sephora needs to make sure the coordinator explicitly states that ONLY the first 200 survey respondents will receive a gift. 

Ugh for sure @WinglessOne . 🙄 i may have missed some of that if so!  If not would be great for them to really state it clearly. And I would assume one would have to completely listen to the entire class also to qualify for the survey , no? I know I always do.  Or is that also a little snafu?! Hmm lol The surveys only come after we’ve participated and are only at end I think , correct ? I’ve never noticed if earlier I guess! Oops I think @SportyGirly125 discussed this in earlier post I’m just now seeing :). 

@Sunnysmom @They do say that you have to stay on for the entire event to qualify for the free gift after completing the survey 

Gotcha thanks @SportyGirly125 ! Thought so for sure. 😊

@SportyGirly125 

What the heck? You get a lot for attending. We don’t get anything in Canada! 

@GG84 You haven’t received any samples? I saw someone post some goodies from the Canada events. 

@SportyGirly125 

Nope, never. I’ve done almost every Canadian event, minus the hair ones, cause well, I could teach them 🤣 I like the Sephora Lil cutie make up bags! 

@GG84 @SportyGirly125 it depends on the event. Not all of the Canada ones have samples. The ones that do are usually first come, first serve for eventbrite registration (it usually indicates on the registration page). I've started to see a couple, where they'll give to the first like 100 people registered and then a random draw of additional people who will also receive if they attend. At the beginning, I'd been pretty early for getting the samples, but I think more people are attending, and registering early.

@eshoe 

do a Google Search for nordstrom rsvp to find these events since I cannot use outside links

Bobbi Brown's Complexion Event

TUESDAY, APRIL 13 - 1PM PT // 4PM ET

Complexion Focus event with Bobbi Brown National Artist, Jaime Perez. Join us for all things Bobbi foundation! Learn how to find your perfect foundation and skincare needs.

Less is More with Laura Mercier (You will need to RSVP to this event)

SESSION 1: THURSDAY, APRIL 15 - 2PM PT // 5PM ET

SESSION 2: THURSDAY, APRIL 15 - 5PM PT // 8PM ET

Join Laura Mercier's Top Artists as they review how to achieve a flawless complexion, featuring Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and Translucent Powder.

Charlotte Tilbury's Radiant Complexion Masterclass

FRIDAY, APRIL 16 - 3PM PT // 6PM ET

Join Team Tilbury’s Tia Hebron and Rasheena Green for an Airbrush Flawless complexion masterclass. Learn the secrets to finding your flawless foundation match, smoothing acne, covering hyperpigmentation, and how to achieve Charlotte’s iconic glow! Have a burning foundation question? Team Tilbury will be on hand to solve all your complexion dilemmas! You won’t want to miss this!

Thank you @SportyGirly125 @the Laura Mercier one is going on my to-do list 

C840E1B6-7456-440E-8992-24B466F490CE.png

@eshoe 

DD4C9907-A5E4-4AFA-882D-054219622760.png

@eshoe 

58BF8A83-7BE7-4720-B4C7-BDC8CCE54F23.png

9A406C21-1076-40E2-A691-683CCE9D7924.png

123DAF26-F0B5-4875-8E8B-F3E76B502373.png

@eshoe 

9BB81879-0FF6-4AF6-9D0A-B6B5A759A0C2.png

B53765DA-BF26-4503-A21D-C12D31C267CB.png

7930D0F5-3CF8-435C-A81C-84A2338AB2E6.png

Signed up for these yesterday, @SportyGirly125 - very excited for the Givenchy!

testing