Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Rouge Holiday Preview Event 9/14/19

Check your inbox on the app. Looks like the Rouge event is on Saturday 9/14/19.  I tried to rsvp but I guess it’s not working at the moment. They are giving away a duffel bag but you have to spend $75  

Emails are also going out. I already rsvp with  no issues at my local store.  This is a US event. 

Event is 8:30 am to 10 am on Saturday 9/14/19  

0CD1E605-930D-4637-9331-EFC6C2204D9C.png

B7004E07-A1B0-4F0F-AF87-C0F75D7AFFA6.png

Re: Rouge Holiday Preview Event 9/14/19

A question to all you lovely ladies who attended this preview event. Did your store get the Hourglass holiday products? 

Canadian event is on coming Friday and I only want to buy some HG stuff from their holiday collection. It wasn’t up online during 1 day Rouge preview and I don’t want to make a trip to the store if it isn’t available in stores either.

1D0E15A2-6844-41FE-824F-4EF277BB882E.jpeg

@fatimamummy I didn't see them at my store.. I read that they should hit Sephora next Friday, the 27th, but I don't know if that's both in store & online, & if it will be the same date for Canada.

Thank you for the update on release dates @ohheyitscindyk  I’ll keep an eye out.

@fatimamummy, I did not see any of the Hourglass holiday products at the preview event. I checked the holiday towers and the Hourglass section just to be sure. I was interested in seeing the colors in the lipstick duo set and blush quad.

Thanks @itsfi . If it wasn’t at US event, I’m certain it won’t be available at Canadian event either. 

I went to South Coast Plaza thinking it was going to be a step above average. To my dismay, it was meh.

Signing in was great & the gal at the door was super sweet, however I had to ask for my plus 1 to receive the complementary key chain. I arrived at 8:40 but the store was already busy. As someone else previously mentioned, there were no refreshments, snacks, nada. There were a lot of employees on the floor but some of them were just standing there. I ended up getting the Tatcha set & the Dr Jart masking set, as well as some refills of toner & sleeping mask.

As I was looking at the FAB set, one of the employees sort of took/grabbed/etc. it out of my hands & started going on a tangent about the sizing of the products in the kit. I wasn’t asking for any help & I was talking to my boyfriend about whether my aunt would like it. I just thought it was sort of rude that she stopped me mid conversation.

During this, there was another employee that was taking all the sets off the main table. When I looked up & noticed, I asked the woman who was talking to me where the rest of the sets were going. She asked the employee who was carting them away and the other woman gave her a snide look and replied, “There are still sets on the shelves.” The shelves were half empty & it was super hard to even get through to them to see what was out.

When checking out, I had to ask the person who was ringing me up if I qualified for the gym bag & it seemed as though she completely forgot. I did get a free Laneige water bottle with two little foil packets but I had to ask someone that was setting up the Laneige gift sets for it. There were no samples or trial sizes given out during check out.

I was in the store for maybe 15 minutes because of the lack of organization & I couldn’t get to swatch/see most of the sets. I might go to another in store Rouge specific even but it depends on whats being offered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m sorry that some of you had disappointing Holiday Preview experiences.

My sister and I went to the Sephora at 34th Street in NYC. We were greeted at the door and got our free tassels (one of the SA’s recognized me because I shop/browse there a lot). The holiday sets were on two towers in the center of the store but more importantly, there was food. The store had coffee, orange juice,  bottled water, different kind of pastries and mandarin oranges. We headed there first because we didn’t have breakfast before coming. I picked up the two sets that I had wanted (the Tatcha  and the Sephora Favorites- the Next Big Thing) and then we made the rounds at the store. They had brand reps and my sister received helpful advice from the Benefit brand rep. I did get the tote bag because I spent the required amount and was entered into a raffle (I don’t know what the prize was because I didn’t win ). All in all we had a good time hanging out and talking makeup.

Thank you to Sephora 34th Street for your unflagging energy so early in the morning and treating us so warmly!

I planned on going to the 34th street store but I caught a cold!  So close @Tarabotti I'm glad they had a good event planned for everyone!

Rouge Holiday Preview Event 9/14/19

I feel like these events are just becoming a joke. Last year, my local Sephora ran out of the GWP at a rouge event. They instead gave us a red-handled mini brush - the same one that was given out as a tier gift the year before. That is the one item you can guarantee every single Rouge owns. So yesterday, I made sure to arrive early enough to makesure I got the GWP. I did get it, but when I got home I realized the bagwas damaged. There are multiple scratches and holes on the front side ofthe bag. Most of the bag is plastic and cheap pleather. The zipper and a small part of the connecting clips are metal. It's clear as day howcheap this bag is and I am so disappointed. Despite it being a hefty $75 GWP, I can confidently say it is the lowest quality gift I've ever received from Sephora. Edit: Since others have mentioned this: my store didn't have refreshments either. I asked about it on my way out and was told the previous management did that but the current does not. I wonder if that means management used to pay out of pocket for event refreshments.

Kinda disappointed but glad I had something exciting to buy.😁

South Coast Plaza had no refreshments, gave out a tassled keychain and that's it. I didnt even see brand reps there. Not even 1 sample at checkout and got the duffel bag without even trying cuz of DRUNK ELEPHANT - Shelf-Respect™ Day Kit 

. At least they had all the holiday sets. It's a very high volume store, you would think at the very minimim they would have coffee. There is a Corner Bakery 10.ft across for crying out loud🤣20190914_142334.jpg#

20190914_110702.jpg

20190914_110617.jpg

20190914_084151.jpg

PhotoCollage_20190914_144408654.jpg

RE: Re: Rouge Holiday Preview Event 9/14/19

Omg I went to SCP too! I would have imagined they would try to do more being in such a high end mall. I got there at 8:40 ish and within 10 minutes they started to pull all the sets off the main table. It was a semi train wreck. I’ll write out my experience in a bit 😭

@Buootiful I’m surprised SCP didn’t have pastries. That store is huge and every time I go they offer samples to me at checkout. 

Thanks Sephora!  My niece and I had a wonderful time at the Boise store!  She is getting ready for her wedding in March and got some much needed help on wedding makeup.  Thanks for the snacks, too!

I went to the downtown Powell Street (San Francisco, CA) store again this year for the holiday preview. Not a lot of people in the store when I arrived. I received a warm welcome at the door, was checked in, and then the marvelous Joseph kindly shared that there was coffee in the front and then poured me a cup. Thank you! Exactly what I needed. 

IMG_0693.JPG

Coffee in hand, it was off to shop! Here are the holiday preview towers - closeup in spoiler.

IMG_0696.JPG

There were not as many brand reps this year but I did have the most fabulous time chatting with amazing Gary from @DrunkElephant  - loved meeting you and talking about all things DE and Sephora!!! 

In the end, I picked up these beauties - DRUNK ELEPHANT - Shelf-Respect™ Day Kit and BITE BEAUTY - All Agave 3-Piece Lip Care Set. I had a great conversation with the lovely Adrielle at the registers, and I picked up recs for a red and nude lippies. 🙂 Thanks so much; will check those out the next time I'm in a store!

IMG_0704.JPG

I also picked up the gwp bag.

IMG_E0712.JPG

Not all the holiday sets were available in store, which, even though I had a gift card with me, I'm sure my wallet was happy there was limited damage. hahaha! 🙂 Coffee, DE skincare, lip balm, lipstick recs and some cute swag. Not a bad way to start a Saturday morning. Thank you @SephoraBIC@TeamBIC! 🙂 

@itsfi I am so happy to hear that you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your amazing pics!

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT! 🤗 Loved being able to talk beauty with folks, and I got a couple of lipstick recommendations that I’m sure will be part of a future haul! 🛍 

Thanks for the great pics, @itsfi!  I'm glad the event worked out for you!

Thank you @Titian06! 😊 I wish it were the same across the board at all the stores. 😔

Great pics, @itsfi!  

Thank you @CookieGirl1! The event seemed lower key than in the past but it was nice to have the store open a couple hours earlier to play! ☺️

138 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 0CD1E605-930D-4637-9331-EFC6C2204D9C.png
  • RougeHolidayPreview4.jpg
  • RougeHolidayPreview.jpg
  • RougeHolidayPreview2.jpg
  • RougeHolidayPreview3.jpg
  • RougeHolidayPreview5.jpg
  • RougeHolidayPreviewBriogeo.jpg
  • B7004E07-A1B0-4F0F-AF87-C0F75D7AFFA6.png
  • 2DAB5ADF-8D5D-4824-BBF5-39A8BEF7C543.jpeg