Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events

Holiday Preview 2019: NYC Event

I was so thrilled to hear from @TeamBIC  that I was chosen to attend the Holiday Preview 2019. When I arrived at the event, I checked in with Sephora staff and headed up to the 21st floor of the Glasshouse Chelsea.

IMG_4295.jpg

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful event space with floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic views of New York City. The space was decked out in holiday decor, trees, snow, and get this-ice blocks with the holiday products frozen inside all over the space as props with different functions such as plaques/photo pieces, stands for all of the stations, seats/benches, and even the drink station was made of ice with cut outs to keep the drinks chilled. 

IMG_4309.jpg

Right by the elevator I was greeted with some yummy bubbly and a lovely Sephora holiday themed giant plaque, perfect for a photo op! As I continued inside, there was a beautiful centerpiece arrangement of a dining table full of all the holiday products and sets, with utensils, cups, etc, stools for sitting so that we can swatch (and squeal with delight!), all surrounded by holiday lights in a "house" shape. 

IMG_4301.jpg

As I made my way inside, I walked over to @KatieBT  and @LexBT  to say hello and hug and catch up since our time apart. I also wanted to know who the other secret guest was, and was delighted to find out it was @michelleshops . At this point I was introduced to Sephora's beauty directors, David Razzano, Jeffrey English, and Myiesha Sewell. The conversations I had with David, Jeffrey, and Myiesha may have been my favorite part of the event because I've always been interested in the creative geniuses behind why this brand has always captivated me. They were so down to earth and fun to talk to. We discussed the different products and brands we love, the holiday sets, makeup techniques, etc. Special shoutout to David for the long conversation we had relating to how we both introduced our mothers to a new world of makeup and how enjoyable it was to introduce them to not just products that work better and meaningful brands, but how beauty is an art form involving creative self-expression. 

IMG_4265.jpgIMG_4266.jpgIMG_4264.jpgIMG_4267.jpgIMG_4268.jpgIMG_4269.jpgIMG_4278.jpgIMG_4293.jpg

After this I enjoyed my bubbly and walking around the space to see the innovative stations they had setup for makeup/skincare products, fragrance and hair, Sephora collection, and Sephora favorites. I of course also took this opportunity to take selfies and other photos. While doing this, I ran into one of Sephora’s brand ambassadors and we talked about the Sephora holiday products. IMHO, I think Sephora’s holiday sets offer such an incredible value and great quality for gifts (or treats…because…treat yo’ self!).

IMG_4288.jpgIMG_4273.jpg

Once Michelle got there and the whole gang was present, we engaged in some major swatching of all the holiday goodies. Can’t wait till you lovelies see them all, Katie will be sharing the swatch photos she took of my arms decked out in product on both sides, and you can’t see fragrance but I also tried all the fragrance sets, the Replica one is on my wish-list and the YSL lipstick set.

IMG_4292.jpgIMG_4291.jpg

After more swatching and photos galore, we took our escapades to the city streets (because the night was young!) and headed over to Cookshop for dinner. We discussed the BIC and what we loved about it, features we miss or wish we had, and I must add I made a huge plug for our Canada friends in the hopes that we can convene for an event there sometime.

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4312.JPG

After dinner, Lex and Katie, because they’re sweethearts, surprised us with two giant shopping bags stuffed to the brim with some of the holiday offerings.

IMG_4323.jpg

I am so incredibly thankful to be part of this community, and thank you again Sephora & TeamBIC for all that you do for us!

IMG_4305.jpg

Re: Holiday Preview 2019: NYC Event

What a fantastic event, thanks for posting the pics. You guys all look pretty together:) .  I  have never tried YSL, but those colors are gorgeous! @lnum 

@Buootiful I really like the lipstick set, if you’re looking for a holiday treat I recommend it. Promise I don’t work for them. 😂

🎉 Yey!!! @lnum I’m so glad you got to experience such an amazing event in your own stomping grounds as well. Your photos are fab!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post and sharing your experience with us 🙂

Aaaand  of course you found and swatched the YSL holiday mini lip set 😉

@PaletteAddict99 I am obsessed with those YSL holiday minis and so excited they added two new colors to this years set!

Hi @lnum,

What a beautiful setup! It makes so excited for the holidays! Thank you for sharing.

Best,

Rebecca

@lnum had so much fun with you last week! the photos are amazing ❤️ 

@LexBT Had a great time meeting you! 😄

Holiday Preview 2019: NYC Event

Looks like it was a blast! Thanks for the great coverage and enjoy the new treats!

@clairedabear Missed you and hope to see you soon!

@lnum What a fantastic event ! Thank you so much for sharing. I am in so much trouble with all those fabulous sets!

I also love the ice palace like set up of the event.

@Cyncynn Ohhhh ice palace what a great winter idea! 

Wow, what a gorgeous event! Congratulations on the opportunity to you and the other lucky ladies who were invited to attend 🙂

@Libellules Thank you!

Congrats on attending @lnum , the event looks amazing!  Thanks for such a thorough post, several sets definitely caught my eye!

Also holy holiday motherlode, Batman!  Are they still Team BIC or should we call them Team BISanta?  Ha, enjoy all your goodies!

@ElleElleG Oh gosh let’s keep a running list of quirky names for TeamBIC. I like BISanta. 😂

Oooh yes, LOVE that name @ElleElleG . How about TeamBISleigh  for the holidays and TeamBISlay for the rest of the year. 🙂 @lnum 

@lnum what a fantastic party to attend, and thank you for all the lovely preview pics! It looks like you had a blast - enjoy your goodies!

@niki172 Thank you!

@lnum Thank you so much for giving us such a detailed review of event. I loved reading your entire post and yes my favourite part is where you told you pitched for a Canadian event 🥰 jk. It sounds the event was amazing and you all look beautiful! Thank you for sharing so ,any beautiful pictures as well.

@fatimamummy I was definitely thinking of you! It’d be a breeze to fly up there instead of California for an event and Canada is so beautiful! I just spent a few days in Toronto and it was lovely. 

Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • IMG_4295.jpg
  • IMG_4309.jpg
  • IMG_4301.jpg
  • IMG_4264.jpg
  • IMG_4265.jpg
  • IMG_4266.jpg
  • IMG_4267.jpg
  • IMG_4268.jpg
  • IMG_4269.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpg