cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

Glowing Up & BIC Podcast Tour

Sephora-Eventbrite-2160x1080-Smooch2.jpg

Hello, BIC! We have been itching to share a big announcement with you – we are going on tour! We won’t be sharing our musical talents (sorry to disappoint 🙂 ) but we do have a fabulous podcast partnership with some lovely young ladies and have decided to go on a tri-city podcast tour! Team BIC and a handful of Sephora superstars have been planning this for months and are oh-so excited to invite you to this first-ever event of its kind. Now, you may be curious… How is this going to work? Which podcast? Where?! Well read on and we will fill in all the blanks 🙂 

We are hosting three in-person events where we will be watching a live taping of Glowing Up – a podcast hosted by two fun, driven and LOL-inducing hosts, Caroline Goldfarb and Esther Povitsky. As you can probably tell by the name “Glowing Up,” podcast hosts Caroline and Esther are big-time beauty lovers who are also big fans of BIC. In addition to beauty, they talk about relationships, self-care, nutrition and so many other topics– this podcast is worth a listen! This is an exclusive event with a limited invite list so only Community members and fans of the podcast, better known as Glowmies, will be able to attend.

Where will these live recordings take place? We are bringing this podcast to three cities spanning the US - it was important for us to hold one event on the West Coast, one in the Mid-West and one the East Coast. We’ve optimized to focus on three Sephora store locations that will be the best fit for the hosting event and will also be accessible for many. 

Stop 1: Chicago at Michigan Ave Sephora on Sunday, 10/7 (7:30-9:30pm). To RSVP, please head to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-chicago-tickets-50294287568 and fill out the form. You may need to copy & paste the link. The password is LetsGlow. **SOLD OUT**

Stop 2: New York at Brooklyn Sephora on Sunday, 10/14 (7:30-9:30pm). To RSVP, please head to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-brooklyn-tickets-50598830464 and fill out the form. You may need to copy & paste the link. The password is LetsGlow. **SOLD OUT**

Stop 3: San Francisco at Union Street on Sunday, 10/28 (6:30-8:30pm). To RSVP, please head to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glowing-up-sephora-live-podcast-tour-san-francisco-tickets-50600124334 and fill out the form. **SOLD OUT**

We know some of these are a bit far out but if anyone is willing to travel to these events we’d want to ensure you have adequate time to plan. As mentioned, we have a limited number of spots for Community members and Glowmies ONLY to attend these events so if you’re interested be sure to reserve a spot*! Please note that there will be no +1’s as this is an exclusive event we want to reserve as many spots as possible for Community members.

Do we have any BIC’ers are also fans of Glowing Up? Show & tell!

*We will prioritize spots for Community members. Please note that there will be no +1’s for this event to ensure active members of the Community are prioritized.

Re: Chicago, Brooklyn and SF: Let’s Glow it Up in October!

I'm in New York every other month or so, but I always manage to miss Sephora events by just a few days! I'd say come to Texas, but I'm sure the event would take place while I'm in New York...

Ooo sounds awesome, hopefully there will be one in Los Angeles later on

I'm registered!  So excited for this.  I've been dying for a Chicago event. @WinglessOne  @tastelikewater @Anonymous  This is actually at my favorite Sephora location!  Also, stupid question, what's the dress code?

Yay, @sprocketta, I'm so excited for you that you get to go!

@sprocketta That’s exciting! I hope you have a great time. I’m thinking of registering too. It would be fun to spend a weekend in chicago. I haven’t been to the Michigan Ave Sephora and you guys are making it hard to pass up on!  

@CakesCakesUnidentified I'm not sure where you'd be coming from, but Chicago is a great town. If you come I'd love to meet you. I've got to start listening to the podcast.

@sprocketta Thanks! I’d love to meet you too. I’ll let you know if I sign up.  I’d be coming from WI so it’s not too far. I also have to start listening to the podcast! 

Also registered! Hooray! 

Michigan Ave and State Street are my favorites. I wish the front of the Michigan Ave store was spaced out a bit better: this location gets crowded, and I’m tired of rude customers trying to shove their way past me and others, instead of walk the long way around, while we browse and test things along the wall (*ahem* PMG and MUFE). That store needs a slight configuration shuffle. Thankfully there’s a lot more space between displays in the back half of the store. 🙂

So excited for you, @WinglessOne!

@WinglessOne

That's so exciting!!!

@WinglessOne I haven't been to the State Street store.  I wasn't crazy about the one at Water Tower.  It was cramped compared to the store this event is taking place at.  One of the things I love about those stores is there are tons of people to help you.  If you want to browse on your own you might find it annoying, but I love getting help and a second opinion on my choices.  I find the staff at the Michigan Ave store goes above and beyond.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

@sprocketta Yeah, the Water Tower store is tiny. And each time I’ve visited, I haven’t gotten much customer service. I do generally like to browse on my own first, narrow down my field of choices, and then get help if I need it. But at Water Tower, no one’s ever offered to help me. Completely different experience than Michigan Ave and State Street. (The State Street crew is also very helpful!) 

Then there’s the North Ave store, which I usually visit if I’m also visiting Crate & Barrel. It’s conveniently located near an Ulta and Nordstrom Rack (and several other stores I’m often lured into while I’m there). It’s maybe about the same size as the State Street store, maybe a bit smaller, and folks are generally friendly there. And sheesh, how bad is it that I can rank and describe each Chicago Sephora location. 😄 

Anyway... hope we get to meet up next month! 

The technology at the Michigan Ave location is so cool - the virtual tutorials station, the InstaScent machine - but yes, the front half of the store is so congested! I live closer to the North/Clybourn location, but I think I've had the best customer service at Michigan. 

@tastelikewater I’m closest to the State Street store, but I visit that and the Michigan Ave locations equally as often. I usually feel bad for the Michigan Ave crew when the store’s crowded: as hard as it is for me to get around in there, imagine being a cast member trying to get around to help people. But they’re usually still friendly. 🙂 

What's Insta-Scent?  I haven't heard of this 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 InstaScent is a feature of the Fragrance IQ station. I’m not sure how many other Sephoras have Fragrance IQ, but it’s pretty cool. It helps you figure out what kinds of scents your like (woody, floral, etc.), then it sprays scents into the air so you can test them and narrow down your preferences. It’s especially great for folks who aren’t sure what kinds of perfumes/colognes they like. 

@WinglessOne I need to try this!  I'm always so overwhelmed picking a perfume.  So many choices.

Whoa, I've never even heard of Instascent...that's so cool. Is it accurate?

Thanks for the info @WinglessOne!  🙂

@sprocketta See you there!

@tastelikewater, I'm excited to hear how you all enjoy it!

70 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • Sephora-Eventbrite-2160x1080-Smooch2.jpg
  • EB2FD2CE-5B2E-414E-A329-A8C18DF0E441.jpeg
  • Caroline has a captivated audience
  • Chicago GU show-3.jpg
  • Esther and the audience
  • Our new BIC backdrop!
  • A little red carpet action
  • Noms!
  • Love these ladies! So lucky to be working with @BrendaBT, @KatieBT, and @LexBT
  • More noms!
  • Caroline and the audience
  • Taylor from Nudestix chats with Esther
  • Stage is set
  • Post show shopping with Caroline
  • Esther and Caroline take the stage
testing