Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

what's the BEST eyeshadow palette you own?

Hey guys! I'm looking to buy one nice, versatile palette before I move away to college that is easy to travel with. I own the morphs 35O palette and the taste pretty paintbox palette and they're going to be too big to store on my counter in my dorm. I was thinking the stila 'eyes are the window- mind' palette, or the too faced sweet peach palette. Any other recommendations?! 

thanks 🙂

RE: what's the BEST eyeshadow palette you own?

I would definitely suggest Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye or the Modern Renaissance. I use both daily and can do both daytime and nighttime looks

Re: what's the BEST eyeshadow palette you own?

Too Faced Natural Matte Eye Palette - I ALWAYS use it whenever I decide to wear shadow.

Any Urban Decay NAKED palette!!!

I'd recommend the Kat Von D shade and light eye palette if your are looking for neutrals and to get good basics. I'm someone who likes to do basic eye looks and this was just perfect ! The shades are rich and creamy and easily blend. It has little to no fallouts for me and contains all the colors you need for everyday makeup and some colors to add more glam for evening looks ! I just recently bought it and I completely love it !

The huda beauty rose gold palette is really nice and the mattes are really pigmented. They dont swatch the greatest but on the eyes they are amazing. Same goes with the textured shadows in the palette. It's truly one of a kind and amazing.

@victoriarose13 If you're looking for neutrals I suggest either the Lorac Pro or Too Faced Chocolate/Peach bar palettes!

If you're looking for something you can customize  yourself, Give Me Glow Cosmetics sells 'blemished' XXL palettes for half price $15! They are HUGE, holds about 88 shadows! 
Colourpop has very affordable pressed shadows you can get for $5 and I really love their formula. ABH is another brand that has a really good formula. Makeup Geek is another affordable brand and sometimes you can snag 'blemished' shadows for a couple dollars in their sale section, I've bought quite a few and they're perfectly fine. 

I'd buy a Zpalette & fill it with your favorites. ABH has...

I'd buy a Zpalette & fill it with your favorites. ABH has a wide range of colors & the double sided Zpalette is on sale.

OK, it may be a little pricey, but Viseart's Neutral Mattes is one palette that can pretty much do it all. I've had mine for a couple of years now and it still looks practically untouched even though I use it more than any other palette I own. Plus you can use several of the shadows to darken eyebrows and you can also use them wet to line. Great for natural looks and smoky — and awesome quality, too!

For me the modern renaissance is so easy to create so many looks with and personally has my favorite formula but I also love the naked heat and too faced sweet peach. If you want something really small charlotte tilbury dolce vita or golden goddess are some of my glam palette favs

Re: RE: what's the BEST eyeshadow palette you own?

I've been reading a lot about modern renaissance lately. You all may have convinced me to buy one. 

Stila's Mind is really pretty but I would personally go for a mix of mattes/shimmers. Sweet Peach is a good palette but very warm toned, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but is it's own limit if you're looking for a "do everything" palette

I would say the Tartelette in Bloom is the one I would recommend most. It's a good neutral - neither warm nor cool. Mostly mattes but still has shimmers. And the quality is incredible.

do you have the sweet peach palette? I like all the colours but I'm scared they will look too orange on my fair skin!

Alicehoopz wrote:

Stila's Mind is really pretty but I would personally go for a mix of mattes/shimmers. Sweet Peach is a good palette but very warm toned, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but is it's own limit if you're looking for a "do everything" palette

I would say the Tartelette in Bloom is the one I would recommend most. It's a good neutral - neither warm nor cool. Mostly mattes but still has shimmers. And the quality is incredible.

@victoriarose13  Too Faced Sweet Peach is a lovely palette - One of my favorites! 

The Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is also very versatile or you may want to check out one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes.  They are all about the same size and shouldn't take up too much space since they are rectangular.  When my niece moved into the dorm last fall, she took Chocolate Bar and Naked 2 with her.

I also have Stila's Eyes are the Window to the Mind and Soul palettes and they are lovely, but I think you may get more looks out of the palettes mentioned above.  Plus, the Stila palettes are square shaped so they are a little bulkier to store.

Good luck with school in the fall! ❤️

thank you so much! 🙂

@victoriarose13

I love the Tarte Tarteist Pro To Go Amazonian Clay Palette. It's small but enough to do a lot of looks with. It was my first try with Tarte shadows and I'm very happy. Lots of pigment so it's going to last me a long time. 

victoriarose13 wrote:

Hey guys! I'm looking to buy one nice, versatile palette before I move away to college that is easy to travel with. I own the morphs 35O palette and the taste pretty paintbox palette and they're going to be too big to store on my counter in my dorm. I was thinking the stila 'eyes are the window- mind' palette, or the too faced sweet peach palette. Any other recommendations?! 

thanks 🙂

I too love the Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallet! A couple of other pallets I love is the Tarte Tartlette In Bloom Pallet! It has everyday colours and night time looks as well! It has 12 shades and is HIGHLY PIGMENTED!! I really recomend! 

thank u!! is that your #1 fav?? 

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing