cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

upperlid puffiness after eye makeup removal

I have sensitive skin in general. If I put on any kind of eye makeup, I am fine for 8-12 hours. But when I remove the makeup (does not matter how I do it: using a wash, wipes, makeup remover), my upper lid swells up for a day or so. I have to skip a day of eye makeup to go back to normal.  I have thrown mascaras away thinking the tube is too old, no difference. I truly think if I sleep in my makeup, I will be fine (not that I want to do that). I have noticed the more tugging I do on the lid, the more the swelling. I use UD primer on lids, I also tried too face primer with no difference. I use origins eye cream on lower lid but nothing for upper lid.I use dior mascara, UD shadows, smashbox concealer for lower lid( which is starting to cake for no good reason). Any suggestions? thanks in advance. I would go to a sephora store for advice but the closest one to me is an hour away!

Re: upperlid puffiness after eye makeup removal

Try the Bi-Facile Lancome eye make up remover. My eyes are very sensitive, to the point that I can't touch them otherwise they get itchy. This is the most gentle eye remover I have ever used. It cleans all the make up without irritating my eyes. It is half oil half cleanser. It is worth the price. Maybe get a sample of it when you go to Sephora.

Anonymous Insider

I have tried Bi-Facile actually and did not make any difference to the puffiness. I guess I need to go easier on my lids and maybe try a cleansing oil and see what happens. Thank you for the advice though.

Aside from utilizing actual, pure coconut oil, if you prefer a cleanser, try Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil or Boscia's Makeup-Breakup Cooling Cleansing Oil, neither of which have any added fragrance to at least minimize/cut down chances of that component being an irritant. Like TheSocialQuota said, try to apply the cleanser/oil-based product on lids and let it saturate and break down make up first rather than go direct to wiping away and be sure to use very delicate pressure.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • upload_8193924862106129882.jpg
testing