Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

too much mascara on the wand

I have tried so many brands of mascara, but, they all have the same problem:  too much product on the wand.  I end up wiping it on the tube or a tissue but it gets so messy.  Am I doing it wrong?  how do you deal with the excess product?

Re: too much mascara on the wand

There is one trick that always works if you have an extra 10 mins to spare. I keep my mascara in a cup of hot water and let it sit for 10 mins. it will help make the mascara apply on your lids more generously and more evenly without getting thick and clumpy. If you do not have time for this, you can rapidly open and close the mascara and take the excess from the corners off using the bottle. Then you can apply starting with your roots, then the rest of your eyelashes. Good luck and hope this answers your question! 

Hi @JanieV,

I like to apply my mascara at the roots of my lashes for the first few swipes, and let it semi-dry at the roots without pulling all the way through to the ends of my lashes. This can help to focus a lot of that excess product at the roots to create more volume. Then, by the time I'm ready to pull all the way through to the ends, the wand has a bit less product. I always do this to avoid getting mascara on my eyelids, and to really give my lash line that boost of volume. 🙂 

I also suggest checking out WANDER BEAUTY - Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara. I love this mascara because you can squeeze the tube as you pull the wand out, to really control how much product comes out on the wand. I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Laurie

I also have this problem. ive found 3 solutions:

1) use a product that has a different wand that pulls of less product, OR use the travel size version. for  product that doesn't pull off too much, the Mac false lashes or Maybelline great lash work well and make my lashes look great.

2) use disposable wands. you can get a big box of them for cheap off of amazon or camera ready cosmetics.

3) get a fan brush for your lashes. I find that this works the best. I got a mac one and it works well. I pull the wand out of the tube, put product on the fan brush, and brush my eyelashes.

@JanieV I end up wiping it off.  I know @blackkitty2014 does the same thing that @lmaster does and runs the wand in warm water.

too much mascara on the wand

@JanieV I end up washing the wand under warm water with mild soap when that happens. always works like a charm for me

do you mean you wash the wand before applying?  because wouldn't that just take off all the product.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing