Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

hooded eyes

my eyes are hooded to where it comes down to just above my lash line. I usually only wear mascara and liner on the inside top lid. I won an eyeshadow pallet and a brush set and I really want to learn how to use them, I understand I gotta do a cutcrease. Does anyone have any tips for a eyeshadow virgin?!

hooded eyes

I recently did this look for more practice on my creativity

oh girl, that is absoulety gorgeous!!!

oh girl, that is absoulety gorgeous!!!

Thank you!😊

Thank you!😊

hooded eyes

I have hooded eyes too. I have to go further above my natural crease. I say watch tutorials on YouTube. That helped me.

RE: hooded eyes

GO WATCH STEPHANIE LANGE ON YOUTUBE SHE SOLVED ALL MY HOODED EYE PROBLEMS

Re: hooded eyes

You absolutely do not have to do a cut crease always. I have very hooded eyes as well and never do one (not my thing personally, love it on others). Make sure you use an eyeshadow primer or concealer first before applying the eyeshadow - it will allow the shadow to stay on throughout the day and not move around. It also makes application much much more easier.

When I first start I like to go into my transition shade first. With hooded eyes you kinda have to make a new "crease" because our crease is non-existant. So, our transition shade will go up a little higher than where our normal crease is and be closer to our brown bone. Start slow with little product on your fluffy brush and work the transition color in until you like it. You kind of have to experiment here. Whenever you apply pigment to your lid, place it FIRST where you want it the most. So for example on the transition shade you want to start on the outer corner (not inner) and blend inwards. You can always build up the product with a light hand later on. Start with lighter colors first, and if you want you can always add in darker shades on top of it after. After you have your transition shade the way you like it, you can start adding eyeshadow to your base. Here you use a more flat/dense brush to pack on pigment. You can do whatever you want here - foiled eyeshadows, beautiful cut crease, halo effect on your eyes, whatever you want! You can also go back with a clean fluffy brush and blend things together to make it not look harsh between your crease and transition color. I like to add a little inner corner highlight and brow bone highlight -  not necessary, I just find it completes my look. Lastly I'll finish by adding pigment underneath my eyes, blend it out, add mascara and wa-la!

There are also many youtube videos on how to do eyeshadow looks for beginners and eyeshadow looks for hooded eyes if you want a more visual learning experience!

Anonymous Insider

RE: hooded eyes

Always start every eye look with applying a concealer or foundation on the lids so you can start off with a blank canvas. Once you've done that set it with a nude eyeshadow close to your skin tone (it doesn't have to be exact but lighter is generally better for a base shade in my humble opinion) apply this as a base shade from lash line to brow. Follow that up with a transition shade before going in with colors you want to creat your look with. Browns that a just a few shades darker than your skin tone are a universally a safe opinion of this. Most people just apply their transition shade in their crease but for those of us w/ hooded eyes experimenting on where the best placement is a few times is key until you find what works for you.
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
testing