Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

eye liner easy to apply

hey beauties, can you please tell what is the best eye liner for a beginner, I am so confused and really wanna buy a liner but I am not so good in applying so anything you could advise.

RE: eye liner easy to apply

I’m not a makeup expert at all so eye liner is something I struggle with. I had a makeup application done and she showed me how to use a small angled brush with a darker eyeshadow to make a liner and I really loved it! I’ve been doing this myself at home and it’s super easy to do. It’s just not as dramatic a look as eye liner.

Re: eye liner easy to apply

@anjjali Definitely agree that a dark eye shadow with a liner brush or pencil brush works great as a starting point! To up the color saturation you can wet your brush to pick up more color from the shadow

Hi @anjjali,

My best recommendation for a beginner is to use a dark eyeshadow as a liner. Like a dark brown or black eyeshadow. Use an eyeliner or small eyeshadow brush to smudge the shade on your lash line for a natural look. My favorite matte eyeshadow is the URBAN DECAY - Eyeshadow - Blackout.

If you feel ready to try an eyeliner, I really love the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Hey Penelope, this is such a great advise. I won't mind u...

Hey Penelope, this is such a great advise. I won't mind using eye shadow and it sounds simple at least simple then eye liner. I have a smokey eye trip from smashbox I will try with that first once masterd would move to eye liner. thank you so much 😀

@anjjali I have personally found that a drier pencil works best for beginners; but, I'm sure others may think a creamier version is best.  For a dry pencil, I like Revlon ColorStay.  For a creamier consistency, UD 24/7 is popular.  One that is in between is Sephora Collection 12 hr Colorful Contour Eyeliner.  In any event, start off by using the liner at about a 45 degree angle.  Many beginners make the mistake of trying to use the point.  They also may make the mistake of trying to draw one long line from the inner corner to the outer corner.  I think it's easiest to start about 1/3-1/4 from the inner corner, and drag the pencil in short motions toward the outer corner.  If you find that the eyeliner is skipping, try to dot in where it missed.  And if you need extra liner on the inner or outer corners, gently apply as needed.  You can try from a different starting point if you think that would work better for you.

It can be hard to have a steady hand when you first start out.  Way back when, I used to lean against a full length mirror with my dominant arm.

I also think it's good to learn with a brush.  You can get a flat brush, or an angled brush.  Dip the brush into powder (I think pressed powder is easiest for beginners to control).  Then, press the brush along your lash line.  Continue to dip and press until you've covered the lashline.

Practice makes perfect.  It's frustrating at first, but you will get the hang of it.

Good luck!  🙂

wow, these are really great tactics and yes I am the one...

wow, these are really great tactics and yes I am the one who tries to apply eye liner all at once and always ended up messing and get late to the event because of my eyes looking horrible 😖 but i may use the tactic with the angular brush. also buying the Revlon eye liner sounds a great idea first because that won't hurt my pocket 😂 thank you 😊
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing