cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brows, Brows, Brows
|
Anonymous Insider

brows

what is the thinnest eyebrow pencil you know of? i don't really have the money for trial and error, and i want a brow pencil (or pen) that creates super thin, hairlike strokes. 

also, what brow growing serums would you recommend, or would it be better to just make my own diy growth serum?

Re: brows

@Anonymous Hi friend!  I'm loving all these recommendations in the replies!  You guys are all so awesome. 

I would definitely say the Huda Beauty HUDA BEAUTY #BombBrows Microshade Brow Pencil does have one of the finest points I have come across in a while.  Also, another brow pencil I really love too is the Hourglass Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Soft Brunette

it has SUPER FINE point as well.  I will have to say the color selections in these 2 lines are the most natural looking too!  

Hope this helps!  Can't wait to hear which one you end up giving a try.  

@Anonymous  have you tried Seph. twist-up Brow pencil? Quite fine, many shades offered; not too expensive. Retractable pencils certainly don't last as long as trad, so note the quantity.  .08gm for S. Retractable Brow;  .2gm for S. Shaper. m.u.f.e Artist Color Pencil: 1.41gm.

Anastasia brow pen is pretty thin it’s a liquid brow though.

There's one from Huda Beauty called bomb brows has the thinnest tip I've seen so far. 

@Anonymous @WinglessOne - I tried Urban Decay Brow Blade 2-in-1 Eyebrow Pen + Waterproof Pencil.  It's OK.  I bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil to try next.  With the UD pencil, the other end is brow ink.  This can come in handy.

I haven't used pencils in eons.  I went from pencils to ink pens to gel and now I'm looking at pencils again because they've changed so much from when I first started using them.

Anonymous Insider

re: brows

thank you! i guess abh is the way to go, lol. 

@Anonymous  Every twist/click-up "thin/precise/super thin/hair-like/etc." brow pencil I've seen or tried has the same size tip. (Obviously something like Benefit Goof Proof brow product has a very broad tip. I'm talking more along the lines of their Precisely My Brow Pencil product.) If that tip size is still too thick for your needs, you can reshape it—put a sharp angled edge on it—by rubbing it at an angle on a piece of paper or a hard surface (like a tissue on a countertop). You'll probably have to do that each time you start using the pencil, especially if the pencil formula is quite creamy and soft. My favorite twist up brow pencil—actually my favorite brow product of all—is Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil Automatique, which has a drier formula than most pencils. If I want a super precise tip on it, I just reshape it myself. 

Or, you can try a traditional (non-twist up) brow pencil that requires sharpening with a sharpener. You'll get as fine a point as your sharpener can create. For a couple decades, I used a MAC eyeliner pencil as my brow pencil and always sharpened it to a very fine point. (Yeah, this was before brow pencils were a big thing. 😂) I'm not sure which brands make traditional brow pencils and markets them as such... MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 612 Dimension Dark Brown (or any other shade) is the only one that comes to mind. I think ABH has one, lemme see if I can get it to come up via tag search... Anastasia Beverly Hills Dual-Ended Cream to Powder Perfect Brow Pencil . I've never used ABH's, but I use various shades of MUFE's Artist Color Pencils as eye and lip liners. I can see the MUFE pencil also handling brows. 

If you're unwilling to sharpen/flatten/shape a brow pencil's tip to a very fine point, you'll be happier with a brow brush/pen/"blade" product. I occasionally use MAC Shape + Shade Brow Tint (just the brush end) to detail my sparse brow tails and it works great for me. I couldn't find a good shade match of Urban Decay Brow Blade, so I can't personally recommend that one. I did try Glossier Brow Flick which is pretty good, though its formula reminded me of their Boy Brow product in pen form. 

Anonymous Insider

thanks so much! (i'll admit, i do sometimes use a brown eyeliner for my eyebrows, lol) i feel dumb now, how in the world could i have forgotten actual brow pencils that you can sharpen? smh. 

i would love to try the brow flick, but i have no clue what shade i would be, since they don't have many shades and don't have the usual shade names like taupe or soft brown. hopefully they will expand their shade range in the future.

@Anonymous  Heh, no worries. 🙂  Glossier recently added an auburn shade of Boy Brow. Maybe they'll also add it to Brow Flick soon, though that's probably not the shade you're after. I just hope it means they're expanding the shade range of both products. Interestingly, the blonde shade of Boy Brow seems more taupe than Brow Flick's blonde. Hmm. 

Glossier's having a 25% off sale (and 35% off sets) now through Monday. That makes Brow Flick $13.50 USD. Not to enable spending or anything, but I feel obligated to mention it in case you decide you wanna try the brown shade. I do think the Brow Flick brown pulls warm toned, so it might not work if you're looking for something closer to a cool toned taupe or soft brown. I wish Glossier was available in stores to test in person. I mean, maybe not right now (too much possible cootie contamination) but, well, you know. 😂

Anonymous Insider

so... as it turns out, i'm looking for a brow powder now. (kind of a long story, but i put eyeshadow in my brows and i ended up loving it, but the shade didn't really match and the eyeshadow was cheap and didn't last long)

i'm so sorry lol, i'm such a needy person on this site. would you recommend the abh brow powder duo? 

@Anonymous I use MAC Brun.  It's an eyeshadow and I like it better than ABH duo powder.  I set it with the ABH clear brow gel.

Anonymous Insider

tysm! for now, i'll be using the same eyeshadow until i get around to ordering it or buying it. hopefully, they'll go on sale soon!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing