Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

best eye cream

what is your best eye cream for those that suffer allergy dark circles. Nothing seems to work except for covering them up. Ideally something to help reduce overall darkness to that area. not looking for a concealer, have a good one already.

RE: best eye cream

I recommend: Mario Badescu- Hyaluronic Eye Cream

Re: best eye cream

@caniwi  An eye cream that contains caffeine might help reduce your allergy shiners by temporarily constricting the swollen blood veins under your eyes. I don’t use a caffeinated eye cream, but I’m sure other folks can recommend good ones. 🙂 

Since the swollen veins are caused by nasal congestion pressure, I usually take an antihistamine (or decongestant, if my stuffiness is caused by cold/flu) to reduce pressure. I also try to “over-moisturize” my undereyes by applying multiple layers of any cream or facial oil, to plump up that skin. And since my allergy circles are often caused by excessive eye rubbing (thanks to itchy eyes), eye drops and cold compresses get lots of use each spring. 

Thanks @WinglessOne. I already you allergy prescription e...

Thanks @WinglessOne. I already you allergy prescription eye drops and meds. so really hoping to find a cream or gel. Thanks for the suggestion of caffeinated cream.

Re: best eye cream

Hi @caniwi,

I recommend looking into an eye cream with Vitamin C in it. Vitamin C is great for brightening the skin. I really like the Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Will try this! Thanks @PenelopeBT

Will try this! Thanks @PenelopeBT
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing