Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

any advice for the over 50 set?

does anyone have any thoughts on shimmer eyeshadow over 50?  I just ordered some smash box and I am hoping it will look great because it is a fine shimmer and not a heavy duty glitter.  Will update with a photo.

Re: any advice for the over 50 set?

I'm 51 and I just bought Tarte Rainforest of the Seas III palette.  I think it will be a keeper

I highly recommend the Dior Fusion Mono eyeshadows. The shimmer is stunning and definitely subtle enough for a woman in her 40s or 50s. There are no glittery chunks or fall out and the eyeshadow is simple to apply and foolproof. 'Chimere' is my favourite colour closely followed by 'Mirror'. These shadows are very feminine and quite princessy and fun. 🙂

RE: any advice for the over 50 set?

I'm 49 and I love the Subculture Palette by ABH!!! Best part about getting older is loving who you are!!

Re: RE: any advice for the over 50 set?

You look stunning, both the palette and the lipstick gorgeous 

Re: RE: any advice for the over 50 set?

I think you did a great job with the ABH palette.  Very pretty @Jodi5868

RE: Re: RE: any advice for the over 50 set?

Thank you, black kitty! I didn't realize my tongue was hanging out in the one pic til I posted it! My daughter thought it looked cool so aim leaving it.... but I love the palette and find tons of different combos. It's a fun palette.

i know us older women are advised to wear matte eyeshadow in order not to call attention to our wrinkles etc. But it's poor advice by makeup artist that regularly work on young beautiful models. Most of us older ladies have dryer eyelids, some wrinkles, so mattes make the lids look heavy, dry and old. Next they tell us to quit wearing a lot of makeup because it makes us look old. Then they give you the old lady make over, one nude shade on the lid, brown liner, and upper lash mascara seems casket ready.

Shimmer and Glitter actually blur imperfections by reflecting light. Yes, you can see our wrinkles but let's face it, whether dry or sparkling-you can see our wrinkles. I'm in the Caberet camp, like Liza Minnelli I'm going out Elsie. You can wear any good quality finely milled eyeshadow, just use blurring primer and practice at home. I have deep forehead lines, the 11, nasal labial fold, textured skin, and hooded eyes. Out there trying to blind folks with highlighter, glitter and shimmer eyes so they can't see the wrinkles 

Copied the young folks cut creaseCopied the young folks cut creaseI highlighted my jaw wrinkles cause I earned every lineI highlighted my jaw wrinkles cause I earned every line

This old Grey mare is still trying to live. 

Hey howconnie, your casket ready comment is hilarious!  Enjoyed reading your post.

RE: Re: any advice for the over 50 set?

Connie you look amazing! I agree that matte anything makes me look like I'm a thousand! It sinks right in. I love the blurring creams!! Older women arecsupposedctochavecsgorter hair and I look straight up fug with short hair. Does not work for me. I'm not about to make myself look bad because "they say" so!!

Nope!!! You're not old at all @howconnie. You're fab!!!  Rock those glitters 😉

That's right!! I'm a better person at 49 than I ever was at 20 and I intend to enjoy who I am!! Old lady make over!! Please!!!

You look fierce! Rock that glitter!

Do all the shimmer/glitter you want! Fentybeauty shimmer skinsticks are excellent and have fantastic color and finish. You look great!

@howconnie

You literally made me laugh out loud 😂

Glitter forever sounds like an excellent plan to me!!!!!

@howconnie You are fabulous and beautiful! 

I am also 41 and I wear the brightest boldest craziest co...

I am also 41 and I wear the brightest boldest craziest colors on my eyes. I love glitter, shine, shimmer, metallics. I also love classic reds on my lips and get so many compliments. But on the flipside I've also completely stopped shaving my legs because I don't care what people think is good for me, my age or whatever. You gotta do you.

RE: I am also 41 and I wear the brightest boldest craziest co...

Haha!! Good for you, jazzyreg.

Re: I am also 41 and I wear the brightest boldest craziest co...

I'm over the hill, and determined to become the most excentric cat lady ever. Gimme that glitter. I rarely shave too.

@spicegirl1960

I'm 41, so not quite in the over-50 set yet, but I firmly believe in wearing whatever you want. I've read plenty of advice that boils down to "you're too old to wear shimmer/color/everything fun" and I call BS on it all. If you love it, rock it! 😊

I'm going to chime in because 47 is close enough! I hated...

I'm going to chime in because 47 is close enough! I hated the typical makeup look that has been classified as mature makeup. I also love color; typically concentrate on my eyeshadow and highlight! Primer and skin care helps keep my color on place and I agree shimmer looks good! I had a short freakout about giving up my makeup looks, and decided that beautiful is beautiful: No expiration😘
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 71 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos4
  • Copied the young folks cut crease
  • I highlighted my jaw wrinkles cause I earned every line
testing