Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes
|

Woman stole $144 worth of eye shadow (news story)

Someone posted this news story on my facebook wall yesterday because I'm kinda known for being makeup obsessed, especially eyeshadows... I replied: "Wish she'd stolen some blending brushes too tho, her color lines are HARSH!"

Guess we're all obsessed with makeup here, but can all feel a bit better knowing we're hopefully not THIS obsessed! Smiley Very Happy

woman-steals-eyeshdow-mugshot-664x370.jpg

An Arkansas woman was arrested on suspicion of stealing $144 worth of eye shadow, police said.

According to KFSM, Brandy Allen, 31, of Fayetteville, Ark., faces charges of shoplifting and disorderly conduct.

On Monday, police were called to an Ulta Beauty Store to deal with a shoplifter, according to a preliminary report.

The person who called police said she saw Allen grabbing handfuls of make-up without looking at the color or labels, the report said.

After an officer arrived at the store and approached Allen, the original caller introduced herself to Allen as the general manager of the store and asked to see the contents of her purse, the report states.

Allen fumbled through her purse for several minutes before taking out several different packages of eye shadow. According to the report, she started cursing very loudly saying, “No one [expletive] saw me steal anything.”

She also described the situation with two more expletives, the report said.

The officer took Allen into custody, and the report states that the approximate value of the stolen makeup was $144.

Allen’s bond was set at $830, and on the same day she was booked, she bonded out of the Washington County Detention Center, according to the jail’s intake report.

Re: Woman stole $144 worth of eye shadow (news story)

I used to be a military police officer.  I saw people steal the dumbest things.   Getting arrested for stealing MAKEUP?  Ugh

Who knows what goes through the minds of some people....there was this manager at my previous company that got fired for giving herself commissions for sales that were never made. She confesses to her actions and offers to pay back the 13 or so dollars to save her job. I mean, really? How she convinced herself that she would never get caught is beyond me.

That's what always gets me...firstly, the things that are stolen are usually not important.  It was almost never a woman stealing food for her baby that she absolutely couldn't afford (illegal, but I can sympathize with her...and I understand sometimes this does happen) but instead it was someone stealing a toy, a game, eyeliner, etc.  Secondly, once they were caught, they almost always offered to pay for it in order to prevent getting arrested (too late).  And to lose your job over $13??  That makes me sad that, at the time, it was worth it to her.

But I don't want to sound like I don't understand their motives sometimes.  I used to work several jobs in order to support myself, and I was always struggling.  It took a while before I was able to support myself comfortably.  I remember making $5.15 an hour, so I can understand the desperation.  It's just completely different to actually follow through on it.

She did it just to get $13? :/ Not worth losing the job and the stigma!

I've seen this eye look before ...

the-drew-carey-show-mimi.jpg

Mimi at least blends!!!!! Smiley Tongue

Good point! Smiley Happy

Yes, that was my holiday look at high school (those silly and sexy days).

Meow! Smiley Wink

HAH! I read through some of the comments on here and oh man you guys made my day! Smiley Tongue

This is why I'm afraid of the Urban Decay Electric Palette.  

Omg!  You're too funny'!  I wouldn't be afraid. The electric palette blends out very nicely with the TF chocolate bar palette.   I feel like a bad person cause I keep scrolling up at that picture and laughing.

Oh I have the TF palette!  I decided to ask for the Electric Palette for Christmas.  I kind of missed my window this year for bright eyes so  this way I get it for free and have a few months to practice!

The Electric Palette isn't as scary as it looks in the pan. I actually think the colors work great for adding just a pop of color to a neutral eye. Or you can go full on colorful too. Whatever floats your boat. I have it but haven't used it much. I've just been super lazy about wearing makeup lately. But I just bought a dozen of the new MUFE shadows and the Siren palette from Marc Jacobs. So I'm trying to get motivate to play again. I've just been choosing sleep over makeup in the mornings ...

With a red clown nose and one of those rainbow clown wigs, she could have TOTALLY pulled off this look.

I heard she asked for an 8x10 glossy of her mug shot so she could put it in her professional portfolio. Smiley Happy

Bazinga!

Now that she is out on bond, maybe she will come to BT and pick up some application tips you have all graciously offered!  Whoot whoot!  Can't say you are not a helpful group! Smiley Very Happy

tumblr_lqeicaMytO1qmzlixo1_500.png

Well, she didn't go to MAC for the Marge collection!

60 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • woman-steals-eyeshdow-mugshot-664x370.jpg
  • telephone makeup.jpg
  • gaga_applause.gif
  • tumblr_lqeicaMytO1qmzlixo1_500.png
  • facebook.jpg
  • the-drew-carey-show-mimi.jpg