Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Which foundation do YOU recommend for porcelain skintone?

My skin is very light, in drugstore foundations im always a porcelain. But since i dont have a Sephora right where i live, its hard to order one online since i dont know for sure if the shade is right. Any suggestions?? Xx

Re: Which foundation do YOU recommend for porcelain skintone?

Hi @elizgrant I am also cool and fair and it's not easy finding a good match! My favorites right now are NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation Oslo - Light 1 and DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation - 0 Cool Rosy. I also recommend trying Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 fl. oz/ 50 mL for the redness. My biggest problem is also redness and this completely tones it down. I have used it on its own without makeup and also underneath, if I'm wearing something with a sheer coverage. 

Whenever I'm trying to find my shade in a new product, I use the site Findation. You enter in what you currently wear (so for me, MUFE Invisible Cover in R230, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla), and it will give you a list of your matches in other products. The more information you give it, the more accurate its recommendations! It's been a true time- and effort-saver for me. 

Hi @Anonymous 

You might find this thread helpful, even though it's older, as it includes suggestions from a number of other posters searching for good options for pale skintones.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2281076#M124

My current favourite is Lancome Teint Idole in 090 and 110 and Charlotte Tilbury in the lightest shades.

There's also a slightly more recent thread here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pale-Princesses-Fave-Products-Holy-Grails/m-p/3872973#M326316

Anonymous Insider

@lachaton Thank you soooo so much, those were actually very helpful. I saw that someone on the first thread had swatched some foundations, which was great help! The Kat Von D one and the Colourpop seemed to have more of a cool undertone than the others, which is definitely what im looking for! 🙂 🙂 

Do you know if you have cool or warm undertones? And what kind of coverage are you looking for?

Kat von d has a great selection of lighter shades, but it's super full coverage. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD seems to have a good spectrum of shades. A lot of people like Fenty and they have an amazing range of colours. 

Anonymous Insider

@elise222 Thank you so much! I have a cool undertone, im so pale im almost blue haha! Im definitely looking for full coverage, i have alot of redness in my cheeks(not the cute blushed kind) and im also very blue underneath my eyes.

@Anonymous I have used urban decay all nighter in shade 0.5, Tarte shape tape foundation in porcelain, and Too Faced Peach foundation in snow recently. I like all but Too Faced is my fav as it’s not too heavy, provides great coverage, great color match, and I really like the company.

Anonymous Insider

@Indy701 Thanks a bunch! Ive never tried the Too Faced one, so maybe ill give it a go! 🙂 Sounds just like the kind i would like in terms of coverage and such!

@Anonymous If you want to order directly from Too Faced I have a 20% off code. Just let me know and I’ll PM it to you. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing