Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

What to do for pale skin girlies with dark tired looking eye circles!!!

I have pale skin. I embrace it. But I have these horrible dark circles under my eyes that make me look tired a f alllllll of the time. I use concealer and various products regularly on my skincare routine but I can’t seem to get the bag part to ease up any. Does anyone have any suggestions before so give up? I hate having to wear concealer everyday when I don’t want to wear any make up, but I’m forced too unless I want to walk around looking dead! 

Re: What to do for pale skin girlies with dark tired looking eye circles!!!

@kaleighbarry I also have darker under eyes but don’t wear makeup everyday, and do go out bare faced when I’m not. Skincare alone, however, likely won’t offer immediate results like color correcting and concealer will, but over time your under eyes may start to look brighter. The cause of your darker under eyes might make them more or less difficult to manage. Sometimes it’s just genetic, as is almost everything we deal with. There may be some lifestyle changes you can make as well. My top three tips: stay hydrated, get enough sleep as often as you can, and move more then you sit each day. 

When it comes to skin care, products meant to moisturize and brighten will be your best bet. Think vitamin c, caffeine, hyaluronic acid, things like that. Recently, I started using Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL and have been enjoying it. If you’re looking for some anti-aging, First Aid Beauty FAB Skin Lab Retinol Eye Cream with Triple Hyaluronic Acid 0.5 oz/ 15 mL is really nice, but won’t be as brightening. The Lancôme Genefique line is a great all around serum/eye cream as well. You can also add a brightening serum, such as Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Vitamin C Lactic Firm & Bright Eye Treatment 0.5 oz / 15 mL for stronger results. Finally, an under eye mask like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask line has targeted treatments for a quick and affordable option. 

I hope that is helpful. If all else fails, just put on a pair of big sunglasses - that’s what I do!

Re: What to do for pale skin girlies with dark tired looking eye circles!!!

Hey Pumpkin,

I am a big believer in radical self-acceptance when it comes to the under-eye.  Just make peace with reality: you have two giant holes in your skull.  Those holes nothing but a delicate layer of fat, muscle, and the thinnest skin on your face stretching across them.  Look at the eyes of babies and toddlers!!!  You can see even they have ‘under-eye’ circles because it’s just anatomy!  But there’s so many products and pressure directed at correcting and fixing this that we forget there is nothing to fix.  If you just tilt your gaze a bit, you can watch it disappear.

So my advice is to just stop.  Watch your skin heal and breathe when you stop putting make-up on it everyday.  Stop comparing yourself to old photos with makeup.  Get used to seeing yourself without coverage.  If you feel like you ‘must’ have something, Supergoop! Bright-Eyed 100% Mineral Eye Cream SPF 40 PA+++ 0.5 oz/ 15 mL has color-correcting peach pigment that cancels out the blue, and prevents fine lines. OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright+ Vitamin C Brightening Eye Crème 0.5 oz / 15 mL is another option without sunscreen.  Good Luck 🍀 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing