Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

What palettes do you use?

Hey guys! Just wanted to know what palettes you guys use because I am ready to go shopping on Sunday to go get a new palette. But the thing is, I donโ€™t know what palette to get! Please let me know what eyeshadow palette you guys use so I can get to try it too! Thanks ๐Ÿ’„

RE: What palettes do you use?

The new Melt pallets are awesome. I love Violet Voss or anything Urban Decay besides BackTalk.

Re: What palettes do you use?

Iโ€™m afraid to answer because I have so many ๐Ÿ˜ฌ lol but Iโ€™ve put some that have been consistent and good and I reach for regularly  โค๏ธ My little Pat McGrath palettes are wonderful (they have 6 shadows) in them.  

Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g

HUDA BEAUTY - Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette - Emerald

HUDA BEAUTY Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Coral

Natasha Denona Gold Eyeshadow Palette 15 x 0.08 oz/ 2.5 g

KAT VON D - 10th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette

I like to rotate palettes on an yearly basis, so I can get the most use out of it. Right now, I'm loving Urban Decay's Born To Run palette. It has all the colors I wear on an daily basis and it's so pigmented. By far, the best palette I've used!

@Maileylover My favorite everyday palette is my NATASHA DENONA - Mini Star Eyeshadow Palettebut I also love my Tarte Amazonian Clay palette and my UD Naked 2 and 3 for more everyday colors. For more fun colors I love my mini natasha Lila and Huda Beauty's obsessions palettes are great for little pops of color

@Maileylover I'm a bit of an off the beaten path girl for my palettes.  I don't really gravitate towards the palettes most of my friends love because I'm a matte girl.  My favourite has to be a (I believe) discontinued Make Up Forever, The Artist Palette volume 4.  I loved these shadows so much that I bought the full size in most of these shades to have in customizable palettes.  I also love the Viseart Grande Pro Volume I Eyeshadow Palette 30 x eyeshadowsIt's a great selection of shades that I can use for almost any colour story.  I do still own plenty of other palettes but these and a custom MAC palette are my everyday go to's.  If I were looking to pick up a palette right now I'd be looking at the Viseart Rose, ABH Riviera, or Natasha Deanna Lila palettes!

Let us know what you ended up picking out!

I really love Soft Glam by Anastasia Beverly Hills. it blends gorgeously, can be intense, and can be natural depending on my look.

@Maileylover  I am loving the mini Natasha Denona palettes. For full size I really like the Urban Decay naked reloaded palette.

RE: Re: What palettes do you use?

oooo, That sounds like a great palette

I tried a few palettes before I ended up purchasing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette. I havenโ€™t purchased any other palettes after this one. There are many different looks you can do & it formula is amazing. The brush picks up the colour well & also blends so nicely. Definitely a must have ๐Ÿ˜Œ

I have that palette too! Actually used it today in my makeup

@rosepetalsx, I completely understand. I feel that way ab...

@rosepetalsx, I completely understand. I feel that way about her Soft Glam palette.

I tend to gravitate to my Norvina and Soft Glam palettes.  However, I made about 4-5 quads from Anastasia singles with nudes, browns, pinks and purples (pre-Norvina).  I will use them interchangably or by themselves.  I also have Tartelette which I picked up on Black Friday but I can't find where I stashed it away.   I'm not sure what your price range is or what color theory you are looking at but there are great palettes out there from several brands.  I lean to the clean brands due to chemical and fragrance sensitivities. I suggest asking an SA for help and swatching, swatching, swatching before you decide which one you want to buy.  

I have UD naked 1,2 and 3. I also have 3 palettes from tarte. The pro Amazonian clay, tartiest pro and one of the rainforest of the sea palettes. Iโ€™ve been happy with everything so far and Iโ€™m a newbie

Tbh (& they arent sold here so I hope I am mot breaking any rules) but - and I will preface this with 2 things. I was/am a late bloomer when it comes to learner to use the right color combos for my blue eyes, the right brushes, etc and 2. is that I have never seen a single episode of the Kardashians & Im kinda older so like I didnt really know about Kylie until i got the bronze palette as a gift and Im absolutely obsessed with the majority of her products but her Kylie Jenners palettes are my favorite (sone of her lip and blushes are a bit outrageous! Lol)! personally I have the Bronze, Extended Bronze(it has metallics so its awesome) & the Blue Honey. I have found her products to be really good quality with a bit of a price break from some of the others. Stay away from the eyeliners tho! The High Glosses have the most amazing formula too (not the originals - too sticky - but Im off topic a bit now and if I broke any rules, my apologies Im a newbie!) Ive do love UD Naked Basics & Naked Basics2 for a real light natural look and its obviously just me but Im not a big fan of Tarte's formulas of shadows. - But no matter what palette you pick ... IMHO, a necessity and the greatest invention of all time is UD eyeshadow primer. I cannot live w/o it! LOL! Good Luck in your search - I hate making decisions so I feel ya on this!

@Maileylover Iโ€™ve probably tried over a hundred palettes and the only palette I consistently reach for every day is a custom one that I made using singles from MAC, Colourpop, etc. and the quad case from ABH. 

In other words, I recommend you to try making your own with shades that you know youโ€™ll reach for everyday! 

If thatโ€™s too boring (understandable), Iโ€™m honestly eyeing the NARS - Endless Orgasm Palette. It looks so different from the other palettes on the market right now and itโ€™s versatile!

@myumew That nars palette is so pretty! I have to talk myself out of it every time I'm in the store

@Maileylover I have a ton of palettes from all kinds of brands ranging from high end to drug store. Huda Beauty palettes keep me coming back for more! I have both mini 9 pan obsessions and full-sized 18 pan palettes and you canโ€™t go wrong. The formula is so beautiful on the mattes, shimmers and satins. I got the desert dusk when I was first getting into eyeshadow and it is so blendable and pigmented! I fell in live with how user friendly it is (Iโ€™m by no stretch a blending expert and Huda formulas are very forgiving). I know theyโ€™re a little on the pricey side, but totally worth it. Iโ€™d recommend the 9 pan if you arenโ€™t sure. The formula is the same and the pan size is actually the same as the full palettes, thereโ€™s just no space in between and a lot less packaging. Plus youโ€™ll get 10% off as an insider and thereโ€™s so many color story options!

I have 3 Morphie pallets. 3 urban decay pallets and some new shimmer pallet at Sephora.
21 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing