Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

What look would be great with a red dress?

I need some ideas! I have 2 red dresses (bright red and a darker one). I never really know what look would look great with that. So far, I'm betting on safe choices: subtle smokey eyes in shades of brown or grey with bold red lips. Any other ideas? 

What look would be great with a red dress?

For bright red, I second the gold eyeshadow idea, or a bronzey gold shimmer. I would pair those colors with warm red-brown mattes. If you're into an even bolder look, red shimmer shadow buffed over the lid. Look up Lili Reinhart at the 2019 Golden Globes. The red on her lids is a nice red without looking like pink eye. Pat McGrath's Bronze Seduction palette has the color tones I'm thinking of for a bright red dress. For a dark red dress, I would opt for cool gold lids smoked with either a rich plum or burgundy... color scheme I'm thinking of is most like Ciate's Chloe Morello "Pretty, Fun, & Fearless" palette. I prefer bold eyes with subtle lips so either of those two looks would go well with a nude lipcolor and gloss. If you want bold lips, I would go simpler with the eye makeup. Shadows to enhance your eyeshape and either a classic bar or a cat eye with a shorter tail.

Re: What look would be great with a red dress?

@MlleJuju I would go with gold eyeshadow or gold halo eyes and a red lip with a fierce black wing and lashes. 

Re: What look would be great with a red dress?

Thanks @SportyGirly125 , never thought of a halo. Great ideas! 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing