Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Re: What is your favorite colorful eyeshadow palette of all time?

I really like the James Charles eyeshadow pallet. Just make sure to use an eye primer.

It's tough to narrow it down, but one that always inspires me is Juvia's Place Douce palette. I love almost every shade, but for that iridescent white and the pale pink. I use the pink but I'd be happier if it were matte, and the white one, I'd like to be either matte or satin white, not a transformer shade. 

The colorful palette I reach for most often though is Dominique Cosmetics Berries & Cream. The blue, the taupe, all the berry shades; it's just amazingly vibrant on the eyes. Also a big fan of her Rustic Glam. 

My absolute favorite for intense color is DOMINIQUE COSMETICS Celestial Storm Palette 

The absolute best colorful palettes come from indie brands, though Mother Pat McGrath will always have my heart with her special shades. Try a Kaleidos or Glamlite palette, you won’t be disappointed. Sydney Grace, Devinah, and JD Glow singles are all unbelievable, too.

Yes same, Pat will always have a special place in mine too. Her products are just out of this world AMAZING. I've actually never tried those indies you mentioned but I am definitely open to! 

The new Urban Decay Wild West palette is amazing!!! Such pretty colors!

I agree about the Urban Decay Wild West palette. I love all the UD palettes, but Naked Cherry, Wild West, and Naked 3 are my top choices. 

That palette is mostly neutral, though, with two teal shadows...

Yes, but we have to remember someone's "color" palette might be different than another's. Just that one teal shade can make or break someone's buy from it being "too colorful." Where as something like the extremely vibrant Norvina palettes might not be colorful enough for someone else! 🙂

Yes omg I love it! I am a huge urban decay fan. Ever since the Naked palettes launched I was hooked on to makeup from there. I love the pop of teals in the new palette!

@makeupwithalexa  My favorite colorful palettes (aside from my own customized palettes), in no particular order: 

And I love to use PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun with PMG Blitz Astral Quad - Nocturnal Nirvana. This combo gives me a full PMG rainbow to play with. 

Yesss! I see we have another Pat fan over here as well! As well as the full color payoff you get from her palettes, you also get a lot of payoff from the shimmer shades! I can't think of one brand who does shimmer/glitter shades better than Pat Mcgrath.

@makeupwithalexa  Right? Even after buying some of Pat's 6-pan MTHRSHPs, I used to say "there's no way I'm paying $120+ USD for a 10-pan." That didn't last long. 🤣 

There are many PMG fans in this community. If you haven't yet, join us in THE PAT McGRATH THREAD where folks post news and product reviews. [ EDIT: ugh, I don't know why that thread link doesn't go to the latest post, but I'm leaving it as-is.

Haha!! Omg how funny, I said the same thing. The quality is just too amazing. It's so worth it.

Yes of course I'd like to join the group! I will go join now, thank you for letting me know!

I am mad in love with my Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 08 Editorial Brights palette. These matte shades are so well pigmented and smooth! They are so bold I don't need to use a white based primer or anything. Its a little pricey, but was 100% worth it IMO. 

Omg yes! I love that one! Sometimes we gotta splurge on the pricey ones when we know the product is going to pay off, I totally get it haha. I'd love to see some photos of you wearing the palette if you would like to share!

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 38 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing