Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

What is the best mascara and eye makeup remover you've EVER tried???

Hey everyone! I'm planning to take off my eyelash extensions soon after two years. I'm nervous to say the least. I want to know what the best mascara is out there. I would rather invest in a great one then keep trying so-so ones, so no price limit! Also if any of you have recommendations on eye makeup removers that would be great! Thanks 🙂

Re: What is the best mascara and eye makeup remover you've EVER tried???

My favorite makeup remover is micellar water, I buy any drugstore brand and they've all work really great for me

My favorite mascara atm is Too Faced Better Than Sex. As for remover, I just use Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover. I saturate a Q-tip with it and remove that way. It's gentler than a cotton pad or towel, less tugging. Honestly, I've never found a makeup remover good enough to completely avoid raccoon eyes the next morning anyway, so I don't bother springing for anything fancier anymore. This is as good as it gets for a good price, too.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara and Lancome's Bi-facial Eye Makeup Remover.

RE: What is the best mascara and eye makeup remover you've EVER tried???

Best mascara in my opinion would be Makeup Forever extension lash I really love it. Now for makeup remover I have dry skin, so Clinique has the Take the day off cleansing balm and it’s amazing! It melts all my makeup leaving my skin clean and nourished.

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir! I've also used Dior over Lancôme...

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir! I've also used Dior over Lancôme's mascara base. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it comes in a white tube. You brush it on before you layer mascara over it. Great stuff! I stopped using it after I started using Marc Jacobs Velvet. I don't really use a separate eye makeup remover. I wash my face with a cleanser. And use a nice hot wash cloth to rinse. I will go over the eye area with Micclear water, just to be sure.
Anonymous Insider

I personally LOVE Tarte's 4-in-1 Lights, Camera, Lashes....

I personally LOVE Tarte's 4-in-1 Lights, Camera, Lashes. I used to live for Urban Decay's Better than Sex, until I tried the LCL. I like Too Faced's Mascara Melt off for removing my eye makeup, because you just swipe it on like you would a mascara and it dissolves it in seconds. It's gentle as well, and never irritates my eyes.

It also depends on what your natural lashes are like.  I have fine, straight lashes and my favorite is Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir. Next would be Stila Huge Extreme Lash.  I just tried Lancome Monsieur Big and it took a lot of work/combing to get it right. I've used all the Dior with success. Lately I've been using Sephora points anytime there's a mascara avail so I can try it out.

My fails:  Benefit's They're Real, Roller Lash & Curling and BadGal, Lancome Hypnose and Definicils, Blinc, Clinique - didn't like any, Guerlain Maxilash (this one migrated into my eyes and left smears on my contact lenses), Urban Decay Cannonball - waterproof and too drying, Tarte Lifted (lifts nicely but no volume), Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Gel Mascara (way to wet for my fine lashes). I stay away from the silicone spiky bristles, they irritate my eyes and give me spider lashes - I do better with bristles.

Eye makeup remover - I have very sensitive eye skin, I use Simple Micellar Water.  I wet a soft, gentle cotton pad (Shiseido) and hold it against my closed eye, pressing a bit on lashes to saturate them.  Then wait a minute or so and swipe;  even waterproof mascara has been coming off without rubbing.  All the two phase removers gave me a rash on my lids and I also tried MUFE for sensitive eyes (it made them burn).  The Garnier Micellar makes my eyelids burn also.  Oils migrate into my eyes and make them burn.  My eyes are a hot mess!

The Lancôme Bifacil is the best I’ve used, fantastic for waterproof mascara and eye pencil. Really diminishes the pulling on your eye when taking off mascara. I would also recommend looking into a cleansing balm to remove your makeup. I have oily skin but found balms are great for removing makeup and cleansing your skin, one stop shop! As for mascara, I have two recommendations, Diorshow mascara is amazing, I have short straight lashes and this mascara makes it seem I’m wearing false eyelashes. (I curl them first!) On the other end of the spectrum? Try Lancôme Telescopic mascara, OMG, this drug store mascara is really amazing! Creates long lashes and bonus, it doesn’t run! I hate raccoon eyes so this is a winner!

the Better Than Sex Mascara!

@Anonymous Popular mascaras on BIC often include Too Faced Better Than Sex, Lancome Definicils, DiorShow and Benefit's They're Real.

I have been using NYX Doll Eyes Volume for quite some time and I think it's just as good as the $$$ if not better.  I also read an article in Allure that Essence Lash Princess is amazing at only $5.  This time, the hype was real!  It's the best one I've tried in a while and I might switch over.

You might also like a lash primer.  Lancome makes Cils Booster which is good.  I've also heard that Shiseido is good as well.

Best of luck!

P.S. I like MUFE Sens'Eyes for removing eye makeup.  🙂

Lancome eye makeup remover by far is my favorite, too but the Clinique one is nice because it's also good for other parts of your face, like those hard to remove liquid lippies.

creamy cleansers work great to remove eye-make up...like Cetaphil - if it is stubborn use olive oil and a warm wash cloth.

you could try putting castor oil on your lashes at night-it protects them from breaking and then they grow much better-it works great ~ you can find it in drugstores

I love lancome definicials..and Dior ones the best

I love the Milk Makeup mascara or Benefit Rollerlash. For...

I love the Milk Makeup mascara or Benefit Rollerlash. For makeup removal, just try plain coconut oil! It's so cheap and it is good for your skin and lashes. I've been using coconut oil for two years as a makeup remover and my lashes have definitely gotten longer because it's so nourishing.
Anonymous Insider

I use the Almay eye makeup removing liquid, it's gentle a...

I use the Almay eye makeup removing liquid, it's gentle and works well even on longwear/waterproof makeup. I usually don't use liquids out of fear of getting stuff in my eye, but I have to say it impressed me. Hope that helps!

Lancome Bi-facil eye make up remover is the best!! Hope this helps!! Cheers

Lancome Monsieur Big is grade A excellent. their makeup r...

Lancome Monsieur Big is grade A excellent. their makeup remover is one of the best as well, and if you catch a Lancome GWP at department stores, it's often included free

Hey ! It all depends on what you want from your mascara to do. Do you want length, volume, thickness, all in one, only one of the above, waterproof or not. 

I' m still on the hunt for the best one out there if you find one share plz😁💜

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
testing