Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

What is the best eyeshadow primer?

What do you think is the best eyeshadow primer?

I have tried:

Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

Urban Decay Primer Potion - original

Urban Decay Primer Potion- greed

Urban Decay Primer Potion- sin

Urban Decay Primer Potion- eden

Jane Iredale Lid Primer  (I like this one doesnt have a lot of ingredients but it def doesnt work as well as Urban Decay potion original).

Re: What is the best eyeshadow primer?

I'm very fond of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray (and now that they've fixed the bottle, even more fond!) I like that it has a bit thicker of a consistency and acts as a concealer on my lids as well. Lately, however, I mostly use my Creaseless Cream Shadows (also Benefit) as a base and add powder shadows overtop.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue is my absolute favorite if I'm wearing shadows with glitter particles!

Mirabella eye and face primer.  Don't like it for my face, but the eye primer works and holds eye makeup on through the toughest workouts!

I prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance over Urban Decay
 Primer Potion original, but I also like UD's Sin and Greed for under a neutral eye to brighten it up.

I also use TF Glitter Glue when I am using a super sparkly UD eyeshadow.

I really love Nars' eyeshadow primer.  It works great for me, and despite my dry skin, my eyeshadow without it will crease and disappear.  This really locks it in.  Also, this might sound a bit silly, but I tend to get mascara on my lid all the time.  The Nars primer cleans it off when I apply it!  Smiley Happy  It's a happy little bonus there. 

Highlighted

The bare minerals eye primers are amazing!! My eye shadow lasts forever. I haven't tried too many, but my eyes get very greasy by the end of the day... lucky me. The Urban Decay primers do not last on me, and the balm version was horrible. I wear the pearl (white-ish) bare minerals one to get the most out of my shadow colors. I just got a sample of TF shadow insurance so we'll see how it stands up to BM but so far nothing has beat it. Everything else literally melts off my eyes by the end of the day.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpg