Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes
|

What do you do to get the LONG Lashes you want?

I devote some of my beauty routine to help grow, emphasize and maintain the long, glamorous eyelashes I want.  I'm curious: what do all of you do to get the long lashes you want? Which of the following products do you use?

1. Lash Enhancers to stimulate growth, either over-the-counter or prescription?

2. A lash-conditioning night treatment?

3. A lash primer before you apply mascara?

4. What different kinds of mascara do you use and in what order do you apply them?

I use Fusion Beauty "StimuLashFusion Intensive Night Conditioning Lash Enhancer" and Dior "Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum." I also use FairyDrops "Scandal Queen Mascara" and then Urban Decay "Skyscraper Mascara." 

What about all of you? Smiley Happy

Tags (2)

Re: What do you do to get the LONG Lashes you want?

I rarely splurge on mascara because I am happy with the color, length and volume of my natural lashes and drugstore versions have always done well by me. Plus I rarely ever use mascara because I HATE removing it at night. If I want them really long though, I use Givenchy Phenomen Eyes...this is the only product that makes my lashes super super long.

Phenomen'Eyes Mascara

I heat up a my lash curler before uses it on my lashes. Then I use bare ecentuals primer and put on  lancome drama mascara after. This mascara is gives length and volume. I also use clinique bottom mascara to get the corners, 

I have found my holy grail lashes regimen. Let me share with you all!!  Smiley Very Happy

Urban Decay Lush Lash System $42

This product is incredible. I apply it at night and within the first week I noticed serious length and volume! I am at the end of the second week and I am thinking about getting contacts or LASIK because my eyelashes are hitting my glasses!! I love how this doesn't burn or turn my iris brown. This product is really affordable and from the reviews I've read the tube lasts quite a while. I love this!

Lush Lash System

Fusion StimuLashFusion Lash Enhancing + Lengthening Mascara $28

I am really spoiling myself with this one! This mascara gives me incredible length and volume all day without flaking, smudging or running! The ingredient sympeptide is said to increase lash appearance in 4-6 weeks. I'm on my first week of using it and combined with the UD Lush Lash System my lashes are ridiculous! I highly suggest this product.

StimuLashFusion Lash Enhancing + Lengthening Mascara

MAKE UP FOR EVER Sens'Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser $23

to keep my lashes in the best shape possible, I remove all makeup with a soft gel remover so I don't need to scrub or rub too hard like you might with a liquid remover. I've noticed it helps in the loss of lashes and it gets the job done very quickly and efficiently. I use this every night and I love this!

Sens'Eyes - Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser

I hope this list inspires/helps you!! Smiley Very Happy

I first curl my lashes with the Shiseido Lash Curler, then use a generous amount of Sephora Lash Stretcher Mascara, let that set for a little, then comb through them with the brush from the Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara. Smiley Happy

i actually found this one by accident. when i went to london, i forgot to pack mascara so i went across the street to a boots store. (those are like drugstores but they carry mostly makeup products. i'd love one here!) so i bought bourjois coup de theatre 2 in 1 mascara. the first time i used it i was amazed! it has the white coat on one end and after i applied that i put on the mascara and it blew me away! i have never had lashes like that before! nothing else has ever even compared. good luck to you.

My routine to get those amaaaazing long, beautiful lashes, is to curl first and then in the mirror, take your ring finger and give a slight tug up on your eye lid. Then apply Sephora Advanced Lash Booster to the roots and wiggle as you go up. After you feel that enough attention has been given to the roots, then just apply at the tips for an extra long look!! This is my tried and true method and actually, the "wiggle at the roots" part came from Leslie Blodgett of Bare Escentials and it works!!! Try and you wont be disappointed Smiley Wink

I don't think I would ever use a lash growing treatmeant. Just seems like a waist. My eyelashes are alread curled up naturally and very thick. So making them look long with mascara is an easy task. I also lover using different styled false lashes

I've used Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes!; Buxom mascara, and Sephora advanced lash booster. I usually put on three thin layers, then use an eyelash curler while the last layer is still damp. Also, I apply my mascara by wiggling the wand back and forth at the base of my lashes and flicking upwards at the end so that more mascara ends up on the base than the tips. This also helps to prevent clumps. I then use the end of the brush to put extra mascara at the outer edges of my lashes. Although this makes them clump a *little*, they don't end up looking clumpy, just thicker at the outer edges. All together, this gives me falsies length lashes. Speaking of falsies, I read on Temptalia the other day that the best way to apply a full set is to actually cut it in 1/2 or into thirds-- this gives you more control when applying. I have yet to use that trick, though it sounds like it would work. The reason I stopped wearing falsies is that I couldn't get them on right in the MIDDLE, but never had a problem on either end. Temptalia's suggestion would give you more ends and less middles to work with!

I tried tubing mascaras like Too Faced Lash Injection, but always ended up with tubes all over my face-- kind of like glitter fallout but SO not sparkly-- more lite sooty!!! Smiley Very Happy

I have been using RapidLash and it has really helped my lashes grow longer.  I keep getting comments on how long my lashes are.

Tags (1)

I do not have particularly long or thick eyelashes -- and they are oddly blond at the ends, making them appear even shorter than they are (odd because I am not blond).  My holy grail mascara, however, is Too Faced Lash Injection. For some reason, it really works for me -- it makes my eyelashes look long and very full. It flakes a little sometimes, but I tolerate it because nothing else has worked nearly as well.

Latisse (and its generic forms) is tempting, but I don't think I would try it because I read that it can cause darkening / browning of the iris. There is nothing wrong with having brown eyes (!) -- I just like my eye color (which is light blue, so any type of added pigmentation would be obvious). I know that this is just a listed side effect that probably did not occur in too many people, but the fact that it could be a side effect is enough to make me not want to use it.

Other than Too Faced, I am too lazy to try any type of treatments -- because TF gives me a temporary effect I like.

: )

I use Lipocils lash enhancer gel to help them grow. Then, I curl my lashes. After, I just apply mascara. My favorites are YSL effets faux cils mascara and Buxom Lash, along with Flawless definition.

I've noticed what works for mine is eye drops.  Discovered this one on accident while trying to find a soultion for irritated dry eyes.  After weeks of use, I noticed the lash size and that I was also sleeping better. 

Well that's certainly interesting, ran8! Smiley Surprised Since my eyes also get irritated and dry during allergy season, can I ask what kind of eyedrops you're using? Smiley Happy

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors