Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

What are your favorite mascaras and for what occasions do you use them?

I have a collection of mascaras, and realized I have some I like to wear for specific events (because of how they look on and after hours of wear). Do you have any you use for specific events, day to day, work, out, etc.? and if so, why?

RE: What are your favorite mascaras and for what occasions do you use them?

With all of the great mascaras below get the travel sized versions because mascara can be expensive and only really lasts 3 months. My personal favorite is the benefit they're real!

Re: What are your favorite mascaras and for what occasions do you use them?

@Neeliay

I have a huge stash of deluxe samples as well as quite a few full size mascaras. 

If I am expecting it to me hot/humid or if I'm going to be getting wet I will tend to wear a waterproof formula. It's normally a drugstore brand - Maybelline The Rocket has been a favorite of mine. 

Other formulas I love - Benefit Rollerlash, Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite, Guerlain Maxi Lash, and Maybelline Lots of Lashes. 

"Le volume" de chanel, Amazing, the best hands down:)

My go to mascara is tarte lights camera lashes I use it for everyday wear and it makes your eyelashes look longer😊! x

@Neeliay  Benefit Roller Lash is my new favorite mascara. It gives a light curl and makes my lashes look fuller.  I personally just wear one mascara at a time.

covergirl supersizer is amazing!! lasts all day and its super affordable!

My daily go-to is Eyeko Black Magic, it covers well and I...

My daily go-to is Eyeko Black Magic, it covers well and I love the squeezy give it comes in. On the weekend & other occasions nothing is better than Too face Better Than Sex. What primer do you use?

My favorite (and the only one I will spend money on since I get so many freebies) is Blinc's Mascara Amplified.  Otherwise, I use whatever I have on hand from a GWP.

My ride or die are benefit roller lash and YSL mascara volume effect faux cils. By the way - don't buy full sized mascara! You can get mini ones as freebies any time. Right now there are several available as point rewards. The mini ones are better because you can actually use them up before they dry out. Buying full size isn't worth it when you can get it free and when the full size ones dry out anyways.

I normally only have 2 mascaras open at a time. My 2 favorite to use together are the Clinique High Impact Mascara and the Maybelline Falsies Mascara. 

Lately I have been trying to use up my free sample mascaras so it has been Clinique High Impact Mascara + whatever free one I'm using at the time. I like the Clinique one since it gives good volume and length. The Maybelline one is just for added length.

I get so many deluxe/sample size mascaras that I rarely ever buy mascara any more. When I do, it's typically my HG Le Volume de Chanel. Most recently I bought L'Oreal Lash Paradise which could potentially replace my Chanel as my HG since it's 1) cheaper and 2) doesn't require a mascara top coat to be smudge and run proof--I have oilier lids and my mascara tends to give me raccoon eyes regardless of what I do.

I only keep one full sized mascara open at any time, but might have a few other deluxe samples open. Typically though, I reach for the full size one I bought vs. deluxe because a lot of mascaras tend to be too wet for my liking.

I second @k617!!! I have used tons of high end mascaras: Guerlain, Armani, Dior, By Terry, etc and the L'oreal Lash Paradise is just as good.  I might just buy the L'oreal one in the future 😉 and save $$$ for some other fun stuffs 😉

I'm tempted to try Lancôme's new Monsieur Big first before buying another tube of Lash Paradise @blackkitty2014. But there's also that unopened tube of Le Volume de Chanel that I bought last year that I probably should use up!

I tend to only have one tube of mascara open at a time, and I tend to cycle through a few tried and true formulas. My favorite high-end mascaras are Benefit Roller Lash, Givenchy Maxilash Intense, and Hourglass Film Noir. I love Roller Lash because it's budge-proof and it keeps my lashes defined and curled. Maxilash Intense gives a more plush result, which is great for nighttime. Film Noir, to me, is the best all-around because a single swipe can do the job for more minimal days (which are my usual now), but it builds up beautifully for a more dramatic effect.

HOWEVER, on a whim I grabbed Maybelline's The Rocket while I was at Ulta-- basically, I was in a rush and about to meet someone new in my SO's family with no notice and wanted to look polished-- and I forgot how much I liked it. It's a bit crumbly, and a little difficult to remove even with a cleansing balm, but given its price tag, I'm inclined to stick with it for a bit! 🙂

Your question is making me realize I may have too many mascaras, Neeliay 😛

For day-to-day I seem to reach for the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (which I know is rather polarizing lol) or the Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash Curlign & Lifting Mascara. If I want some extra oomph, I go over the top with the Burberry Cat Lashes Mascara. 

One of my favorite mascaras is Stila's Huge Extreme Lash Mascara which seems to fly under the radar. I find that it gives amazing length and volume, but also keeps my lashes separated quite nicely. 

Bisous, 

Sian

L'Oréal Manga Rock is my favorite mascara

Benefit They're Real and Roller Lash

These are my current favorite mascaras. I prefer mascaras with the silicon wands. It separates and coats more lashes. I don't have any specific occasions for when I where mascaras. These mascaras make my lashes look fuller and longer.

Manga Rock is my favorite, I can build it up to clump in a classy way. Not over clumping, just enough to get that desired anime eyelash look if that makes sense 

I also use a l'oreal mascara, just not the same one. Mine is the waterproof extra volume collagen (don't care about the collagen, which is a gimmick). I use 2 coats of that and then Clinique High Impact mascara when the other one dries. I know, it's two mascaras but no different than using a primer and a mascara.  I have thin, light lashes so I like dramatic lashes!  

I like dramatic lashes too! Use several coates also. My favorite's the Buxom mascara when I want that full lengthy volume look which is everyday lol.

i usually like to wear false eyelashes but when i don't i use the babydoll mascara from YSL! i love this mascara because it makes your lashes look full and amazing while not being a heavier formula and it does not flake. it is pricey but if you prefer mascara over false eyelashes this is a great product.

Even though this is a Sephora app I guess we can talk freely about any makeup and whatnot. However I love the Loréal Lash Paradise Mascara for every day when I pair with my falsies! Even if I didnt have falsies my lashes are so long and voluminous conpared to other mascaras I use. Then for my bottom lashes I use a chanel mascara [not too sure what type cuz its a sample and most of the writing came off]
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing