Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Waterline Eyeliners

What are some eyeliners that actually stay in the waterline for a long time and won't smug off? I love the look of adding eyeliner to the water line but mines never stays. Or maybe I'm not using the right technique, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I find that if I put eyeliner on the waterline set it and repeat, it makes it last a wee bit longer but not by much.

Re: Waterline Eyeliners

My pet peeve also @NinaNee ugg. My favs are Pat Mcgrath , Hourglass and Victoria Beckham. They do not budge! 

PAT McGRATH LABS PermaGel Eyeliner Pencil Xtreme Black

Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner Obsidian

Oh awesome! Thanks so much for the suggestion @Sunnysmom

Oh awesome! Thanks so much for the suggestion @Sunnysmom

@NinaNee My go-to is SEPHORA COLLECTION - 12hr Colorful Contour Eyeliner.  🙂

Thanks for the suggestion @greeneyedgirl107 although this...

Thanks for the suggestion @Anonymous7 although this one I did find it lasting longer, especially with me seeting it, it still didn't stay as long as I'd like.

@NinaNee I swear by MILK MAKEUP - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner

Oh thanks @Imaster I will have to keep this one in mind.

Oh thanks @Imaster I will have to keep this one in mind.

@NinaNee I've been using KVD Beauty Cake Pencil Eyeliner Trooper Black (scooped up the white one because it's on sale!) on my waterline to brighten, and it's super pigmented and doesn't budge on me. I'm always super impressed that by the end of the day (even after a run!) it still somehow looks fresh.

@AlexBT that's awesome! I actually have the black one fro...

@AlexBT that's awesome! I actually have the black one from my boxycharm. I haven't opened it yet as I already have a couple black pencil liners. I will definitely have to give it a go and maybe pick up the white one too. Thanks!

@NinaNeeI use the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Perversion or the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner, and once I apply it to my waterline, I take an angled eyeliner brush (like SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22) and put some powder foundation on it, and apply it right under the lash line area (below your lower lashes). The foundation matches my skin, so it doesn't look like there's anything, and the powder absorbs any eyeliner that starts smudging I find.

You could also use eye shadow instead of powder foundation, depending on what look you're going for.

@sp1771 Thanks so much for the suggestion and advice! I w...

@sp1771 Thanks so much for the suggestion and advice! I will have to check all those out.

I've had some luck with Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil Legend. As the name suggests use it just in the waterline, I hate it as a regular eyeliner- it crumbles and smudges. Sounds like you're setting your liner with shadow which would be my tip- "set it and forget it," am I right?  Best of luck!

@CaptainLakie yes I'm setting it, I will definitely have...

@CaptainLakie yes I'm setting it, I will definitely have to get that liner. Thanks so much for the suggestion!
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing