Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Using water with eyeshadows: your thoughts

Hi! Is it possible to use water (or setting spray) with any eyeshadows to make the colour pop or only with some formulas? I used to do that with a palette (but it was specified that it was an option). What about any other palettes? Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Using water with eyeshadows: your thoughts

I just watched a tutorial on this as I had the same question. It suggested a cream eyeshadow pencil in white prior to applying the color... So I ordered one and am waiting for it to arrive ro see how well it works and if blending is going to be an issue... I just know I have some quality eyeshadow palettes and the color doesn't pop enough for me... if I tried water I think I'd have to scrape the shadow so I didn't mess up the entire (color chunk? idk what it's called, I'm so new at this...)

Re: Using water with eyeshadows: your thoughts

@Anonymous they suggested to use white to cancel out any color for the color to show its true form. This isn’t a must and you would need to make sure you blend that over the entire lid.  I wouldn’t suggest water. I prefer MAC Fix + or eye drops that way the color adheres better to the lids. When you use something like Fix + it intensifies the color and makes it’s brighter and bolder. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you, I will definitely look into that. I didn't lea...

Thank you, I will definitely look into that. I didn't learn all this stuff when I was younger... none of the moisture, prime, serum, and finishing steps... When I first started trying to learn I started at Ulta but wow nobody in my local stores had time to give me actual advice. Best advice of my life from a friend was to visit Sephora (and gave me the # of her eyelash girl lol)... the girl that helped me there at Sephora, she was awesome (even when I was the butt hole who came in 30 min before close because I *thought* I knew what I wanted...), whichhas lead me here, and this community seems so awesome too!! Anyway, long story short, thank you for responding and I will absolutely check that out!!!

I’ve used water with eyeshadow and an angled brush to create eyeliner looks. Not sure if you’ve tried it already, but I love doing this when I don’t have my eyeliners handily near me! @MlleJuju 

Anonymous Insider

would that mess up the entire color if used directly on t...

would that mess up the entire color if used directly on the palette? I like a muted look for work but I want the color to pop when I'm out on the town.

Re: would that mess up the entire color if used directly on t...

@Anonymous if you use water it may leave a mark on matte shades.  You would probably have to use a tissue to wipe that layer off. 

Never thought of doing that. I'm gonna try for sure! @Guessgal 

@MlleJuju MAC Fix+ will also help you create eyeliners from shadows. 

@MlleJuju I like to spray MAC Fix+ on duo chrome and shimmer eyeshadows for the extra pop of color. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 for the tip!  🙂

@MlleJuju 

Yes, you can do this technique with mostly sheen and glitter shadows no matter the brand. Just be sure not to do so with matte shades as it might ruin them! I personally like to spritz some of my sheen shadows with MAC Fix + for that added pop of color.

@gonerogue thank you so much for the tip. I would've ruin some eyeshadow otherwise! (Or be too scared to use this technique for ever!) 😄 

@MlleJuju  No problem! I'm here to help 🙂 Be sure to post your looks using this technique!

I will! 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing