Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Urban Decay eyeshadow primer use as Lip Primer

I went to the Sephora store asked one of the staff  about lip Primer.

I am trying to get perfect red lipstick look . As first she recommended Too Faced Lip insurance Lip primer. The other one recommended me that  If I have Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer I also use it as Lip primer. Does it really works on anyone? Is is true?

There are 4 shades in urban decay. Which one should I get?s1515733-main-hero.jpg

Re: Urban Decay eyeshadow primer use as Lip Primer

Hmm I've never heard of this. Generally I just use Bite's Line & Define Lip Primer, which provides my lipstick from fading or feathering.

upload_582057924650238898.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Haven't seen you around in awhile, Janine! Glad to see you, hope your holidays were good 🙂

I just put this Bite primer on my loves list, I've been on the lookout for one. Thanks!

I have Bite's. It bites. I never use it. I should chuck it. It's just a lip balm.

I use Guerlain's, which is pricey, but works. Only it's heavy and beige so you will have to apply two coats of lipstick.

I have Benefit's version which comes in a tube and wand, which I hate because I just think about all the bacteria that get in there. It works pretty well.

I agree about wands in general, bacteria 😞 ew.

I also did not like Bite because it was just a balm -  as so many are!  If it wax harder and waxier perhaps... even then not a primer just a waxy balm.

Same with Ozone by UD, a clear liner.  It did not work great as a primer, it was ok, but a lot like a lightweight balm.

I really wish they hadn't discontinued their actual Lip Primer Potion 😞

DO you like Urban Decay Lip primer?

I do, however it's just one step in many that I use to keep my lipstick from fading/feathering so it's entirely possible that it's an unnecessary product haha. When I used to wear lipstick without liner it really did help it last though. Unfortunately I'm down to 1 1/2 tubes and they no longer sell the product.

I love this too and I recently noticed you can buy it on the UD website on sale!!

yeah, I saw it too they are on sale.... it hunk they will come out new on

is that Urban decay lip primer look like the lipstick right?

save.jpgHere I asked the Urban decay, That is what they  said...
I guess they try to sell more products

Good checking!

That being said, I'm betting they CAN'T recommend it for lips because it's not approved ingredients for a lip product.  Plus yeah they want to sell you two ;).

I tried it today with the UD Anti-Aging eye primer (can't believe I didn't think of this before) and I loved it :D.

I just tried this with the original UD primer potion. So far, I can't really tell much of a difference. I applied this to half of my lip, and both sides look exactly the same right now, so the original one didn't do anything for those fine lines in the lips, but maybe the anti aging one would? I can't say anything about staying power right now, but I will update 🙂

thanks
please let us know as soon as possible

I am going to try this, I think I have both the anti-aging and the original one... I will try both.

I think the UD Anti-Aging eye primer would work GREAT on lips!  It has a sheer caucasian-skin colored tint to help as a base and is really smoothing, and a little hydrating.

I use it on my lids, and was considering using it on trouble areas on my face I love it so much (other primers don't work for me).

I'd go try it right now except I seem to have lost my tube this week, I couldn't find it anywhere!

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos3
  • s1515733-main-hero.jpg
  • save.jpg
  • upload_582057924650238898.jpg
testing