Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance?

Hi! I need a eye shadow primer and I'm stuck between Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance! Both eye shadow primers have good reviews and ratings but...which one do you prefer or is better? Thanks!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original TOO FACED - Shadow Insurance

RE: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance?

I love the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I think the formula is similar to the Urban Decay, at least in my experience. I prefer the Shadow Insurance tube. Seems more hygienic to squeeze out the amount you need instead of using an applicator. I do also use the colored UD primer (currently using Sin) for low maintenance application of color and primer in one easy step.

Re: RE: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance?

Thank you!

Re: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance?

@tzmichelle I just replaced UD with too Faced. UD was fine for about 10 hours. I had a TF sample last over 18 hours so I switched. I do have a friend who prefers UD because she basically uses the tinted ones for a more natural eyeshadow. If you want UD, Macy’s has it half off tomorrow. 

Thank you!

I am a huge fan of UD primers!  I really like the original, then Eden when it was out, now I'm on caffeine because it's a perfect base match for me.  I really like the built-in applicator for starters on UD as well.  It's my second favorite primer (First is Fenty's).

TF is great.  I've used the original and the one for shimmers.  That little tube lasts a while, but as the other posters have said, the downside is TF starts to separate after a while.  Like, it'll work - just not as good.l  For example, it would break at crease occasionally.  I haven't tried their glitter insurance primer, but I hear that one is good as well.

Thank you!

@tzmichelleUnidentified

I have extremely oily lids. UD failed on me a few times...it was mostly good, maybe a 95% success ratio, but that 5% failure but it on my nope list.

I'm currently using the Too Faced, and while I wanted to dislike it (TF isn't a brand I go for very often), I've been very surprised and pleased with the product. 100% success to date, no creasing or any sort of troubles during wear. The only drawback is that the formula starts to separate over time, and I'm starting to see traces of that with my tube; I get a little clear oil out before the product itself. For now I'm able to just wipe that oil away and continue using the product, but I have a feeling the separation will get worse and I'll be tossing the tube before I'm finished with it.

My all time fave is Smashbox 24Hr Shadow Primer. It never fails me, and it never separated on me either. I'll be going back to it once I finish off this Too Faced. 

Thank you so much! 

UDPP all the way. I tried the Too Faced last year and it started to smell funky halfway through the tube 

Thank you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing