Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Under eye mascara

Every time I do my lower lashes I get mascara everywhere. My lower lashes are long but very thin and lifeless. Any tips on this, or maybe a good mascara with a small brush? Tia

Tags:

RE: Under eye mascara

Too faced better than sex mascara!! Waterproof n budge proof!! Highly recommend

Re: Under eye mascara

@BrandyRothwell When you are applying the lower lash mascara, some people find it easier to use the tip rather than the full length of the side like you would do on top.  Some  brands with skinny brushes are IT Cosmetics, and I think Maybelline and NYX also have them.

@BrandyRothwell I haven't tried the Clinique everyone is recommending, but Pixi makes a lower lash mascara that I love. It's a tiny skinny brush, and I don't have any issue with it flaking or smudging. 

I use the tip of the mascara brush with a brush that has fine bristles at the end.  I actually have quite the hoard of mascara wands.  Rather than toss one out with the mascara, I clean and save them.  That way if I love a formula but not the brush, I'm covered!  I know other people have slot of luck with wands that have a round ball at the end.

Of course I have some qtips for clean up really available because I tend to get messy also.  No matter how many times I hear do foundation last, I use my foundation setting time to think about what I want my eyes to be like that day!  (So, yea, I have a fan brush also handy for shadow fallout!)

I could not apply makeup without a stash of Qtips handy @LeLeo

Hi, @BrandyRothwell ! I second (third? fourth?) @jozkid 's suggestions of Clinique Bottom Lash, or a tube mascara (Blinc is another brand to try). But like @SheWhoSkis , I think it can also come down to your moisturizer/concealer/mascara combination and what works with your skin. Like you, I have naturally long lashes, and I have to be careful when I apply to my upper and lower lashes because the ends of them will touch my skin when I blink and leave tiny dots of product behind. If you're just having trouble with your application technique, you can always try holding an index card, tissue, plastic ID card, etc to your under eye area to catch any stray mascara.

If you're really struggling to find a solution, there's another option: when I want a more subtle look but still want some fullness to my bottom lashes, I take a smudge brush and gently buff in a matte dark brown shadow very close following under my lash line. It fills them out nicely, and I never have to worry about transfer. Hope this helps!

Sephora Pro Collection Smudge Brush #11Sephora Pro Collection Smudge Brush #11

Thanks @terpsichore!  I like Blinc as well. The only reason I didn't recommend it for her lower lashes is because the brush is so honkin' big! 😄 I always end up with it on my skin. I agree with the card idea too. I'm just too lazy to use it regularly. 

Just as as an FYI @BrandyRothwell the powder idea is a good one as well. But also tubing mascaras don't react to oils and creams like traditional mascaras do so you have a couple options there as well

take a small mascara brush from ur brush set

BrandyRothwell wrote:

Every time I do my lower lashes I get mascara everywhere. My lower lashes are long but very thin and lifeless. Any tips on this, or maybe a good mascara with a small brush? Tia

I really like Benefits Roller Lash mascara.  It gives a very clean an defined look to the bottom lashes as well as very rarely  smudging like a lot of mascaras do.  Hope this helps 😊

Anonymous Insider

RE: Under eye mascara

Avon winged out mascara is great. The bristles are close together and great for lower lashes

@BrandyRothwell Did I misunderstand your original question? If you're getting mascara under your eye because your bottom lashes are long and they're rubbing against your skin then I would suggest trying a tubing mascara. It wouldn't help much in terms of application, but the stuff doesn't smudge or smear once dry. Trish McEvoy and Kevyn Aucoin curling mascaras are my favorites 

I second Jozkid's suggestion of Clinique bottom lash mascara. The brush is perfect for lower lashes and very easy to use. 

@BrandyRothwell, are you getting mascara below your eyes as part of the process of applying mascara, or does it transfer as the day goes on?

If it happens during application, then Joz's suggestion is a great one. If it transfers during the course of the day, it's a little more tricky. I get transfer when I use undereye concealer in combination with certain mascara brands (wearing glasses seems to make it worse, too). The combination of the right concealer and mascara to go with your skin chemistry is key, and typically takes some trial and error.

@BrandyRothwell There actually is a mascara made for bottom lashes - Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara!  It's got a teeny tiny brush that could be the solution you're looking for 

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • Sephora Pro Collection Smudge Brush #11
testing