Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Under eye concealer

I have hyper pigmented dark under eye circles and fine lines. I cant find a concealer that quite gets rid of the dark circles. And I CANNOT find one whatsoever that doesn't crease 😩 help a girl out!!

Re: Under eye concealer

MUFE HD concealer is very pigmented and can completely cancel dark circles. Tarte Shape Tape is a very popular concealer right now. I don't love it, but TONS of people live and die by this concealer.

Do you always set your under eyes with powder? You don't have to bake. Just a little setting powder can help prevent creases.

I put a drop of oil under my eye- Marula or Argan. I let it absorb and then apply a peach color corrector with a synthetic brush or beauty blender. Right now I am using Urban Decay but I have used Cle de Peau as well. I generally find I don't need the concealer. I apply my foundation and that's it. I've tried every setting powder and they seem to accentuate my lines. 

@anikasteele I find using concealer alone on my dark circles just makes them more pronounced. Instead try using a color corrector in a red/peach shade and then applying your makeup. If you can go to a local Sephora, try getting samples of various color correctors and seeing which formula works best with your usual makeup application. Good luck finding a product you love!

Tarte Shape Tape is my holy grail concealer. I naturally...

Tarte Shape Tape is my holy grail concealer. I naturally have very dark under eye circles, and this is amazing. On really bad days, I will use MAC Prep+Prime highlighter in Bright Forecase as a base, then Shape Tape, and set it all with Coty Airspun. This combo looks natural, covers the darkness, and does not crease.

I have very dark circles and have found I need to cancel it out with a peachy shade--I use Bobbi Brown's correcter; the peach/bisque shades are peachy in tone.  I think if you have lines under your eyes, any product is going to crease and there is no getting around that.  So I will use less in the area of my undereye crease.  I then use a little NARS radiant creamy concealer to cover the peach/brighten and finish with a touch of finishing powder.  I wear glasses which magnifies everything and this is the method that works best after many years of trial and error! 

Have you tried any of the usual suspects haha?

The tarte shape tape provides great coverage and is known for having minimal creasing. The formula is light weight and it has a good shade range.

Although many people are huge fans of the nars radiant creamy concealer I find that the nars soft matte complete concealer provides fuller coverage for hiding dark circles but both are great options. The matte formula is a little stiffer to work with than the tarte shape tape but I really like it. The nars radient concealer is very easy to blend. 

The maybelline age rewind concealer also provides nice coverage and is easy to blend. 

Have you tried setting your concealer differently? It might be the way you are applying it rather than the product itself. A good primer and setting powder can really help---I'm not a huge fan of loose setting powders but the laura mercier one is basically a cult classic for setting under your eyes. 

@anikasteeleI totally agree with @Kim888 on the Tarte Shape Tape - It's been a total game changer for me!  It gives me awesome coverage, but doesn't crease and it sets pretty quickly.  I also set it with a little bit of powder and I'm good to go for the whole day.  The only down side is that they don't currently carry it at Sephora, so I have to buy mine from Ulta or Tarte direct.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing