Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Under Eye Help!

Hello Gorgeous people! I need help. I keep getting little tiny creases right under my bottom lashes. I apply my Tarte foundation (not under my eyes) but all over face. Then, I apply my Two Faced Concealer with a damp sponge under eyes (in triangle shape) and then use my ring finger to pat under eyes to melt product into skin. Finally, I set with damp sponge using Kat Von D setting powder. I also use eye cream am and pm. I dont know where I am messing up to keep having baby creases right there. Any helpful tips are appreciated. xoxo

Re: Under Eye Help!

Hi @frankie24 ! Couple things I do to avoid creasing, in addition to using the smallest amount of concealer and powder necessary: 

1. Avoid your lines when applying concealer. I know this is tricky depending on why you use concealer in the first place. But if you’re not masking any discoloration in that area, you could just leave concealer off those lines altogether. If you do cover your lines with concealer, maybe try the next tip... 

2. Buff excess concealer out of your lines before powder setting. If I blend concealer out over my lines (which I rarely do anymore; I apply concealer only where I have undereye darkness), I wait a couple minutes and then gentle pull down on my skin with a finger to open my lines. Then I use my pinkie finger or a very small brush to buff out any excess concealer. I tap a little setting powder over everything and, if I still have creasing, I’ll buff excess powder out of my lines. There’s also a third option... 

3. Use a primer under your eyes. There are a few primers marketed for the undereye area, like SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer, that claim to help reduce the appearance of lines and other things. You could also try a regular face primer. Some folks use a grippy eyeshadow primer under their eyes to theoretically lock concealer in place, so it won’t slide around and create a creased look. I’ve used the Smashbox undereye primer several times, specifically in my textured tear troughs; it does help smooth that area a bit, but not enough to even out my texture there. 

Also, I think your undereye area looks good! I do understand the frustration of creasing, but it certainly isn’t wrecking your overall look. 🙂 

Omg! These are so very helpful! Thank you for taking the...

Omg! These are so very helpful! Thank you for taking the time to write me. I am going to try these tricks today. Thank you again gorgeous!❤

Re: Omg! These are so very helpful! Thank you for taking the...

@frankie24  @Angiemakeuplove  No problem! 🙂 

RE: Re: Under Eye Help!

I’m going to try that primer under the eye tip ! Thanks so much for your advice
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
testing