Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Troubling mascara removal

Scrubbing my eyes to remove my mascara makes my eyelashes fall out! What are some good mascaras that come off easily and still work great? I currently use Too Faced Better Than Sex.

RE: Troubling mascara removal

Girl, no! Try a oil based cleanser or balm. I love the Sephora cleansing balm, and a little goes a long way! At the very least a eye makeup remover prior to washing!

Too faced mascara melt-off works like a charm!

Re: Troubling mascara removal

@Jorgia,

Oh no! Try using a really gentle removing before using your facewash, like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Micellar Cleansing Water & Milk - Green Tea works really well at removing mascara and foundation. You still want to use another cleanser but, this one helps remove a lot of the product before cleansing.

https://www.sephora.com/product/micellar-cleansing-water-milk-green-tea-P417262?skuId=1835438&icid2=...

❤️ Melissa

Hi lovely! before taking off any makeup I would take two cotton pads and soak them in a makeup remover cleanser and set them on your eyes. let the cleanser soak into your makeup and after 5 minutes of soaking youcan wipe away with no pain! i learned this trick from Nikkietutorials. I will link the video below: https://youtu.be/oYmc98Tx0BA P.S although it sounds amazing, knowing you are using too faced better than sex mascara, refrain from using the waterproof one. knowing your issue of taking off the normal one i would suggest not using that one, considering it is a struggle to remove ☺️

I use oil-free eye makeup remover from family Dollar. it's awesome. apparently it compares to Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover. it's a liquid, dab on cotton ball. wipes clean, and moistures the lashes too.

And I also use Garnier make up remover......works like a dream

Dior show

I use the too faced mascara melt off then remove make up with the boscia balm rubbing gently in circles to remove all make up!

Stila HUGE mascara is my favorite!! And I have no trouble getting it off!

@kelleycannon,

I tried a sample of that one and I was in ❤️ I really like the big brush and formula.

❤️ Melissa
Anonymous Insider

Vaseline is my holy grail! As well as my makeup forever senseyes it is amazing!!

I second the coconut oil! I buy a liquid coconut oil at the grocery store (most are solid at room temp) and apply with a cotton round. It just takes a few seconds to soak off everything from waterproof eyelinerand mascara to my ABV Dip Brow and brow gel. Even liquid matte lipsticks come off clean. Then cleanse as normal. Since I've been doing this, my lashes are so much lusher and heathier looking!

Agree with the other posters - it's not the mascara - it's how you're removing your makeup. Eye makeup remover is another option. There's one by Sephora collection in the Rewards Bazaar for 100 points right now - the full size is $11. I personally use one of the 2 by Clinique (Take the Day Off or Rinse-off Eye Makeup Solvent) or Smashbox's It's a Wrap. I'd recommend the Clinique or Smashbox removers - especially for anyone with sensitive eyes.

I gently massage coconut oil onto my eyes and lashes and let it sit while I wash my face. Let it soak for a minute, the oil is going to do the work for you. Oil is pretty much the only thing that effectively breaks down waterproof mascara. After it soaks I'll massage the lashes from root to tip with my fingertips to kind of break up the mascara. Add more oil as needed. *don't rub them hard *don't rub your lashes against the grain of the hair. *i NEVER use a rag to scrub my eyes. Then I'll go in for a second face wash and wash off the coconut oil. (I double cleanse.) If there's residual mascara on my face after this I'll use a cotton pad with micellar water. Then put a final layer of coconut oil on my lashes because waterproof mascara is drying. Also: I use food grade virgin coconut oil. It's like $8 instead of the $20-30 you pay for make up brand coconut oil. They're the same exact thing. Pretty much any oil works though.

It sounds like the problem isnt the mascara your using, but how your taking off your makeup. Scrubbing your eye makeup can lead to eyelash fallout and saggy eyelids. Try applying Micellar water to a cotton round and pressing it down on your eye for 30 seconds. Then, wipe the cotton round off and your eye makeup should be gone! 

Your Welcome! -Kendal

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Troubling mascara removal

Never rub on your eyelashes, I just gently pull sideways with my Clinique take the day off makeup removing balm and a Cotten round. Then I go in with a q tip and a miceller water and get any extra on the lash line. To help your eyelashes stay mosturized, I would apply Vaseline or petroleum jelly on them at night before you go to bed.
16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing