Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Too faced “Better than sex” mascara

Hello everyone! I need a mascara that will lengthen my lashes. They are very short and light. I have never found a perfect mascara. I was thinking of testing "Too faced Better than sex". Please help. Which one would you recommend?
Anonymous Insider

RE: Too faced “Better than sex” mascara

i didn’t really like the better than sex mascara, it dried out fast and was just clumpy without adding any length. i recommend the buxom lash volumizing mascara or benefit roller lash. the buxom doesn’t dry out, adds volume and length, and i haven’t had any problem with smudging! the roller lash is really good for length but not so much volume, and the formula is very wet. i would recommend trying it for yourself but when i use it i have to top it with a waterproof mascara or the buxom one because if i don’t, i will smudge underneath my eyes within an hour or two. but it does make my lashes very long!! my all time favorite is definitely the buxom, i would give it a shot.

Re: Too faced “Better than sex” mascara

I found that the #Better Than Sex mascara clumped way too much for my liking. I'm not the biggest fan of giant applicators either, but there was so much hype in reviews that I decided to give it a try. My current holy grail mascara is in the same price-point (#Liquid Lash Extensions by Thrive Causemetics).

I am not a fan of the too faced mascara! I have tried it countless of times and it dries out way too quick and I also find it tends to get clumpy ! I highly recommend drug store mascaras as they are less expensive and your mascara should be replaced 3 months anyways ! If you want a higher end mascara though I like the 3D Mac one! I feel like it is the best ! Good luck !!

If you want length, try Benefit Roller Lash or the $5 Essence Lash Princess in the black and green tube. With short lashes, you may have issues with clumping so I'd avoid Better Than Sex, which has a wet, heavier formula. I'd also suggest picking up some disposable mascara wands from a beauty supply store like Sally's or on Amazon, where they're around $5 for 200. They're a lifesaver to comb out wet, clumpy mascara and they help to give a fluttery, separated look.

Girl i better get the benefit badgal or roller lash mascara. That's much better for me i think, too faced mascara just give me volume that's it! it's not even waterproof.

Hi @juliasweet ! To make my short droopy lashes curl up (without a lash curler, which I refuse to use) and look longer and thicker: 

• ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight for a natural "my lashes but better" look 
  • #Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 for a more dramatic look; I usually go just 1 or 2 coats with this 
  • On my bottom lashes only, I love Wander Beauty Mile High Club Mascara Jet Black ; it's a very wet formula that doesn't smudge or flake once it's dried down; it weighs my top lashes down so I don't use it there, but it excels at lengthening and thickening my bottom lashes—and its very narrow brush makes the job quite easy 
  • Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml applied under mascara for even more dramatic length 

I can't use Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Limited Edition Diamonds - 0.27 oz/ 8 mL because it irritates the heck out of my eyes after a couple of hours. Same goes for at least 95% of mascaras on the market. 

I love Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme in Extreme Black. I also just bought Marc Jacobs Beauty At Lash'D Lengthening and Curling Mascara. Both thicken and lengthen.

Hi Juliasweet, when I first bought Better Than Sex Mascara, I loved it. Then, after about a month of using it everyday, it didn't perform the same way. My lashes weren't as thick or long. Perhaps, the mascara dried out a bit. But a mascara should last longer than a month. I know several ladies that like it. I received it as a sample, loved it. Purchased a full size and didn't repurchase.

Hi @juliasweet!

My favorite ones are Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara Black and Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara Black

When you swipe the wand up your lashes and get to the tip, hold the wand there for about 5 seconds before letting go.  That helps keep your lashes curled longer.  I learned this from tip from an Estee Lauder makeup masterclass.

I have short lashes myself so I actually prefer to use falsies like the ones from the Sephora Collection!

Bad gal bang is amazing. Better then sex is a solid second
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing