Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Thoughts on the new Anastasia subculture palette

I personally didn't like it much until I saw swatches and now I dig it

RE: Thoughts on the new Anastasia subculture palette

I think that the fall colors go in well with the Season and I think is a palette that you can get really creative.Do not think is for beginners or people who love their nudes[like me]. But I think is good to step out of the comfort zone once in a while.

Re: Thoughts on the new Anastasia subculture palette

As much as I love the Modern Renaissance palette, this one is going to be a pass for me. I don't feel like most of the colors would be flattering for my skin tone. There are one or two shades that I would pick up as singles if they become available. Super sad about this, because Modern Renaissance has been my go-to travel palette for the past two years.

Underwhelming. Ive seen palettes like it before
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Thoughts on the new Anastasia subculture palette

Where? 

I did not like it at all. In fact, it is the first products of this brand that actually disappointed me. 

I feel like it isn't very cohesive and you'd need other palettes for transition shades
Anonymous Insider

I have a deep skintone so there are at least four transition shades in this palette for me. I'm in love!

Via1999 wrote:
I feel like it isn't very cohesive and you'd need other palettes for transition shades

Anonymous Insider

It doesn't excite me that much. I dislike the colors in it. They remind me too much of the Packers uniforms tbh.

I wasn't wild about it at first, but now it's growing on me as I've seen more swatches. The collector in me wants to get it. However, it wouldn't be a stand alone palette for me. I think I would need to use additional shades for a complete look.

@Olivia2002I am still on the fence on this one...

The formula for ABH's eyeshadow is one of my favorites and I think the pigmentation is awesome!  The Master Palette by Mario and Modern Ren are two of my all time favorite palettes. 

I also have the Self Made and World Traveler palettes but don't reach for those as much because the shades don't go together as cohesively as in the other two palettes I have.  Subculture reminds me more of Self-Made and World Traveler as the colors seem a little random. 

However, chances are good that I will break down and buy this one because I find it hard to resist new palettes... 🙂

I'm on the fence too... I love their formula but I don't really get how to make these colors work. Also, I have the Mario palette and the shades don't quite look as good on me as they do on everyone else. So Idk. But maybe I'll feel differently when I see it on shelves, who knows.

me too! i typically never reach for shades like those but mod ren is my fave palette of time with how amazing the quality is so im gonna buy! anyone know when these babies are gonna hit stores??

Have they said if this is a permanent palette? I'm assuming it is since it's the "sister" palette to MR but I haven't seen the official word. 

These are the official release dates:

ABH website: July 25

Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Dillard's ONLINE: August 1

Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Dillard's IN STORE: August 15

Editing to pick of swatches and release datesIMG_5704.PNG

I haven't seen any mention one way or the other about it being permanent yet either  @starsandbucks

July 25th @ThatMexipino

abhsub.png

I am really excited about this palette! The first spoilers that were leaked didn't impress me too much but I think the lighting had a lot to do with that. I also didn't know how I would put looks together with these colors but remembered thinking the same thing when I first saw the MR come out and here I am, absolutely loving that! haha. 

RE: Re: Thoughts on the new Anastasia subculture palette

I definitely think is a palette to try out new color combinations and step out of the comfort zone.

RE: Re: Thoughts on the new Anastasia subculture palette

Ohhhh @Mcakes it's so different! I love that!
18 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos2
  • abhsub.png
  • IMG_5704.PNG
testing