From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

The clamp eyeliners covering an eyeliner tattoo?

I have my eyeliner tattooed. What eyeliners are suggested when I want to use something different that will cover over that tattoo with good pigment and staying power?

The clamp eyeliners covering an eyeliner tattoo?

Tangent question: how much does an eyeliner tattoo hurt? Like, say a shoulder is a 1 on the scale (my only tattoo is shoulder blade, so that's my best personal reference)? So what number is an eyelid, like, out of ten?

Re: The clamp eyeliners covering an eyeliner tattoo?

I didn't feel it because she use this tiny little needle to deaden like three areas above each eye and Below each eye and that hurt like crap! out of 10 the deadening was a 9 maybe eight. I have several tattoos and one is on well right below my shoulder and when it got closer to the inside by my armpit that kind of hurt like a 6 but the rest of it was like a 3? I went to get a tattoo on the top of my foot and there was this huge muscle guy there tattooed from neck to foot. We started a conversation and I said I'm getting one on the top of my foot that has my daughter's nickname with the Purple Heart around it and green and yellow angel wings coming out from it. He said you need to think twice because the only two that made me in tears, and I'm a tough guy, was my elbow and the top of my foot. I went ahead and did it and he was not kidding! I put that around a 9. When she did my eyes the second time cuz you got a free touch up, which cost $175 at a place that I would get laser removal, I told her please don't put the dead name stuff in just put the tattoo on cuz I think it will hurt less but she insisted so I can't really give you an idea of the pain of the actual tattoo on my eye. I would just recommend if you can get out of the deadening agent I would rather go for just a tattoo but then again it is real thin skin there but no bones. I wish I could give you more but I hated those shots to dead in my eyelids. You'll also have to get them touched up because I got black and it was about 10 years ago and now it looks a faded blue but you can still see it. I'm going to follow you and please let me know if you decide to do it and what you think and if you got the shots to numb it or not. I still have a $75 credit there but became disabled so hadn't gone back but they said it lasted forever and I plan to put that down towards getting my eyes done again instead of my armpits cuz I have like 10 hairs that came back on each one LOL. I'd rather put it down towards eyeliner when those 10 are just so easy to remove then what that stubbly look like before and that was $75 an area. They used to count it to areas until I wasn't growing as much and then they just counted both as one. You might call and see if they have specials like mine did because I would go for the 2 for 1 months.

Hello @klmitchell

I don't have eyeliner tattooed so I can't speak based on experience. Have you tried a full coverage concealer or something like MAC paint pots to give you a cleaner canvas to start from? I think you would still see the pigement through a bit, but you may be able to go over with a different shade for a different look.

I'm actually following you now and I'm going to send out a post to ask people if they would because I'm new. When I sent out the four or five posts I did it was the first day I started the play Sephora. I was just asking if maybe you'd follow me back in case you don't see that post cuz I appreciate all your help.

that's an idea I haven't thought of. I do have some prett...

that's an idea I haven't thought of. I do have some pretty good primer from benefit but I'll have to check that out that you recommended. Thank you for the information!
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing