Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty!

I am very greatful to be chosen by Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty to receive the gratis of Marc Jacob's new Matte Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliners . I receive colors (Earth)quake a beautiful brown and (Grape) vine a beautiful purple shade.

IMG_5842.JPG

Texture of these liners is very smooth and creamy and they glide easily on skin. I rubbed the swatches 1 minute after wearing But liners were completely dry and they didn't smudge at all. They stay put when I run water on the wrist and just slightly faded when washed with hand soap, three minutes after wearing.

In short apparently they live up to all the claims. I'll try them on soon and will share the eye looks later. For now here are the swatches. 

Top: Fresh Swatches

Bottom: After washing with soap and warm water 

IMG_5841.JPGIMG_5843.JPG

Thank you Sephora and MarcJacob's beauty!

Re: Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty!

Congratulations @ElleElle I love the looks you have created with grape vine 💞

Thanks @fatimamummy something about purples speak to my minimal creativity 😊

@ElleElleG - Love how you used your purple eyeliner!  Both colors look good on you.

I supposed I could have posted swatches on my pasty white skin, but the colors really look about the same as @fatimamummy's swatches.

Enjoy your eyeliners!  🙂

Thanks @Titian06!  There's no such thing as too many swatches so bring them on!  Hope you enjoy yours as well, with some of the palettes you used during the eyeshadow challenge each of these colors would fit in nicely!

@ElleElleG - I added swatches to my original post.

I happened to be wearing the Smashbox Heatwave palette with the peaches and brown.  Earth(quake) looked awesome with those colors!  Thank you for the kind words.  🙂

Of course @Titian06

I wasn't familiar with that palette so I had to Google; the colors are gorgeous! I wonder how using(Earth)quake on the first half and (Grape)vine on the outer part of the same line would look. 

That purple though!! Stunning!

Woo hoo! @ElleElleG  Congrats!  That purple looks amazing on you!  And that is one sharp wing!  Gorgeous!

Thank you thank you @Tamara76!  I think I've added perfecting winged liner to my resolutions this year, I would love to be able to do it free hand and it end up even on each side 😉

Congrats everyone this is an awesome gratis! 😄 enjoy xoxo love MJ eyeliners 

Congrats, @fatimamummy@StyleLynn and @Titian06! Lovely colors, too-- I'm liking the purple very much! Enjoy your goodies, ladies! 😄

@fatimamummy Congratulations, I was lucky enough to receive these as well and I can't say enough good things about them. They're creamy, pigmented and last all day long. Marc Jacobs liners have always been my favourite and these ones did not disappoint. 

Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's Beauty for this wonderful gift.

Yay! Congratulations @StyleLynn These are really great. I am not really good with pencil liners but these glide very smoothly though I still managed to make my line a little wiggly. I need some practice.

Yay!  Congrats! @StyleLynn  Can't wait to see your looks with these new liners! 😊

Congrat @fatimamummy! Those looks lovely! Way to go Sephora!

Congrats! The colors are lovely.

Congrats @fatimamummy!  Grape is a gorgeous color...I had swatched these at the store & still had markings in my hand a couple days later - so I think "long lasting" is definitely one of the pros.  This color is very flattering for your eyes, too!  Have fun with your new goodies!  Heart 

Congrats! Thanks for posting swatches! They look nice and pigmented!

Thank you for starting this thread @fatimamummy!  I too was chosen by Sephora to receive the new Marc Jacobs Matte Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliners.  Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacobs!

I received the same colors, Earth(quake) and Grape(vine).  The eyeliners are full size.  They were waiting for me when I got home from work so I tried them on right away.

I used the brown on my top lids and the purple on the bottom.  I did not use either color on the so-called water line.  I have very sensitive and extremely dry eyes.  I also very rarely wear eyeliner, since I do not have eyelashes.

The liner went on very smoothly and this is on crepey eyelids, so no problems if you have that issue like me!  It also smudged out very nicely.  I had plenty of time to line and smudge.  I loved how the matte looked too.  It had a softer look to it that I try to achieve, but could never figure out why it wasn't working.  It looked great with my eyeshadow.  The brown really brought out the blue of my eyes!

Usually within minutes of putting on eyeliner, my eyes begin to water and they feel dry and scratchy.  As I'm writing this, I've had the liner on for around 45 minutes and no issues yet!

I think the teal color just went on my Loves list (at least when it working again)!

MJ Matte Highliners.jpg

Thanks for adding swatches @Titian06 it helps to see the color payoff on different skin tones even if the skintone appears similar on the surface! 

I actually think the colors look a little deeper on you; (Earth)quake looks more Chocolate-y and (Grape)vine looks like it has a tinge of gray! 

Congratulations @Titian0 It does go smoothly but my line wiggled a bit due to lack of practice. I covered it by using a glitter liner on top. Lol I am impatiently waiting for red one to restock.

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • IMG_5842.JPG
  • IMG_5841.JPG
  • IMG_5843.JPG
  • My Highliners.jpg
  • Highliner.jpg
  • Grapevine .jpg
  • IMG_5852.JPG
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg