Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty!

I am very greatful to be chosen by Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty to receive the gratis of Marc Jacob's new Matte Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliners . I receive colors (Earth)quake a beautiful brown and (Grape) vine a beautiful purple shade.

IMG_5842.JPG

Texture of these liners is very smooth and creamy and they glide easily on skin. I rubbed the swatches 1 minute after wearing But liners were completely dry and they didn't smudge at all. They stay put when I run water on the wrist and just slightly faded when washed with hand soap, three minutes after wearing.

In short apparently they live up to all the claims. I'll try them on soon and will share the eye looks later. For now here are the swatches. 

Top: Fresh Swatches

Bottom: After washing with soap and warm water 

IMG_5841.JPGIMG_5843.JPG

Thank you Sephora and MarcJacob's beauty!

Re: Thank you Sephora and Marc Jacob's beauty!

@playingdressup - Your eye makeup and eyeliner look great!  Since so many of you have said how great this liner is on the water line (@ElleElleG), I'm going to have to give it a try.  Your eye issues sound a lot like mine, so if it works for you it should work for me.

Thank you @Titian06! I hope these work for you! I'm going to keep wearing them this week to make sure yesterday wasn't a fluke of non-irritation. If they keep working out well, I'm going to need to buy the cobalt blue one, it looks gorgeous.

My eyes did get irritated when I was removing my makeup, but that was probably my method (bioderma and cotton round). Next time I try oil!

Yes yes please let us know @Titian06. I have the mini Blacquer shade that we received one year for birthday gifts and that one smudged on me when I tried it in my waterline (still no irritation but I had to build the color up which led to watery eyes).  That didn't happen with the matte. 

I received these two as well. I'm so happy. I bought the black color way back when they first came out, before the formula was fixed and was disappointed. I've had a bunch more on my wishlist but since than have been to afraid to bite the bullet. These new ones are soooo much better! They glide perfectly. No tugging, nothing. Long lasting. Creamy in a good way. I can't thank Sephora and Marc Jacobs Beauty enough! On me I didn't have to swipe more than once to build up color, at least on (Grape)vine. Haven't tried (Earth)quake yet. 9 hours and it hasn't budged yet.

@Samtian My eyes are always watery, that's probably why I have to swipe more than once.  😊

I agree with the new liners, my old one tugged and these glided. My aging eyes definitely appreciate this!!

Congratulations @Samtia I agree with your review.

Congrats @fatimamummy. The looks you have posted are beautiful.

Thank you @virgo87

Like you fine ladies, I couldn't wait for better lighting tomorrow and had to get that Grape(vine) on my eyes right away. 😂😂😂

what at a beautiful color!! It went on my waterline smoothly, but I did have do a few swipes to build up the color. 

image.jpeg

I love that hint of purple in your eye look, but may I just compliment your eyebrow game? So perfect! 😍

Baby wing! @angelKiss24 this reminded me of that gorgeous jeweled purple look you posted in the Eyeshadow Challenge!! 

I think we share the same love for purple on the eyes! @ElleElleG

It looks stunning on you @angelKiss24 You got beautiful eyes.

Thank you @fatimamummy!!

I couldn't not try on something the very same day I get it. So I tried (Grape)Vine , it went as smoothly on eyes as it went on arm for swatch.I usually wear felt tip or gel liners (the ones in pots) so I am almost a newbie to pencil liner. My line wasn't smooth at the end so drew a thin line with Sephora silver glitter liner on top to cover it. 

IMG_5852.JPG

Sooooo pretty

So much to love about this photo:

Eyebrows, LOVE

Lashes, LOVE

(Grape)vine, LOVE

Inner Corner & Lid shade, LOVE

Glitter Liner, Love (I need to add a glitter liner to my list of purchases)

Thank you @ElleElleG You are so kind! 

I love glitter liners, they come handy to get a little pop and cover some little mishaps 😃

Beautiful! ❤️

Thanks for posting @fatimamummy! I too was fortunate to receive these eyeliners from Sephora and Marc Jacobs.   I was going to play with these tomorrow when I had some natural light but my excitement won out. 

Since I have a deeper skin tone I went ahead and swatched them on my arm. 

[Top: (Earth)quake, Bottom: (Grape)vine] 

My Highliners.jpg

Thoughts:

Once the liner is placed and dries it does not move (I fear my overzealous swatches will be around a long while). The packaging is slightly thicker than the original Highliner,  which I appreciated for the additional control it provided me when placing the liner on my eye. I cannot stress how creamy both of these were.   Very little pressure was needed for application which means longer usage and a better bang for your buck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Earth)quake paired well with the makeup I did this morning so I tested it in my lower waterline.  My eyes are easily irritated so liner does not make an appearance there often. It's been close to 3 hours and not only has the liner not smudged but my eyes/contacts feel perfectly fine. I was pretty light handed in my application and this looks like something I could pull off for work/school/etc. 

Highliner.jpg

(Grape)vine kept calling to me so I finally removed the makeup from one eye and ended up with this. I fell in love with purple eyeshadows roughly a year ago so this shade really spoke to me and I can't wait to use it more. 

Grapevine .jpg

Very impressed with these and I plan to scope out additional shades to purchase once I can (😉) . Thanks again Sephora and Marc Jacobs for giving some of us the opportunity to test these out!!!

That purple 😍

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • IMG_5842.JPG
  • IMG_5841.JPG
  • IMG_5843.JPG
  • My Highliners.jpg
  • Highliner.jpg
  • Grapevine .jpg
  • IMG_5852.JPG
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg