Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Thank Sephora and Make Up Forever!!!!

I was chosen to try the new makeup forever eyeshadow!!! I got home late last night to be pleasantly surprised. I will swatch soon.

Re: Thank Sephora and Make Up Forever!!!!

So pretty!  That peacock shade is calling me.  I can't wait to hear if these last longer.  

Thanks @michelleshops! I'll let you know 😉

In an effort to compare the prior formula with this newer formula,  I went through my collection and managed to find similar colors and one exact duplicate.  The prior formula was used on my left eye and the new trio was used on the right. 

MUFE Artist Shadows (old formula)MUFE Artist Shadows (old formula)

MUFE Artist Color Shadows (new formula)MUFE Artist Color Shadows (new formula)

Despite having only one duplicate shade, the looks are approximately the same. There were noticeable differences in application/formula however. Despite taking a bit more time, the new Color shadows were just as easy to apply and blend out as the prior formula.  The new iridescent shadows felt soft/buttery to the touch though not as buttery as the prior iridescent shades. In contrast, the new matte purple was far smoother than the old matte purple (*it is not unusual for purple shadows to feel dry to the touch; other matte shades in the prior line were far smoother).  Finger swatches of the new shades fell short,  pigmentation-wise, which was noticeable during eye application as I had to repeatedly dip back into the shadow.  With the older formula I could put product on the brush and apply with little need to pick up more product. 

Shades on each eye, Bottom to Top: I538 (new), D562 (old), I834 (new), I606 (old), M928 (new), M928 (old)Shades on each eye, Bottom to Top: I538 (new), D562 (old), I834 (new), I606 (old), M928 (new), M928 (old)

Swatches were one swipe only.  As mentioned previously, the older shades went further requiring fewer dips in the pan. The matte purples are noticeably more different in person (will try to post better comparisons later). The older M928 looks lighter in the pan but is deeper and richer both in swatches and on the eye.  Personally I prefer the old M928 over the new one even though the new version is not bad. 

*I606 does not exist in the new formula *

Final thoughts: The new color shadows are nice and are just as easy to work with as the older shadow we're.  One bonus of the new line is that they are not as expensive as the prior shadows despite containing the same amount of product.  Previously, purchasing the shadows  in groups of three with an empty palette retailed for $43 or $14.33 per shade. Now shadows can be purchased in groups of 3, 4, or 6 with groups of six retailing for $59 or $9.83.  I would certainly recommend these to those interested in purchasing single shadows.  That said, my heart is still with the older formula but I am now more open to picking up a few more of the new line. 

Wow!   Lovely looks and awesome review!  I really appreciate the detailed comparison with the old formula, @ElleElleG!!!! ❤️

Thanks @Tamara76 !  You know I was head over heels for the old formula so I had to compare.

Oh my goodness!  Gorgeous eye looks @ElleElleG - question, how do you get your wing to be so perfect? Smiley Wink 

Thanks @ZombieMetroAnt !  I must admit it's more of a faux-wing since I stink at them but I try to make the line a little thicker on the ends.  That plus mascara helps it look like real wing action 🙃

Thanks for your thoughts and swatches @ElleElleG!

Sure!  Hopefully it helps someone @veronika23

@ElleElleGI'm sure it will. And those colors are really pretty on you!

Thanks @veronika23 !

Very pretty @ElleElleG I'm glad they performed well for you (I'm always leery when a brand reformulates something that's already great).  Congrats on the gratis!

Thanks @michelleshops and I'm the same way, I'll never understand it!

@ElleElleG  Thanks for the review and comparisons.  It can be a bit scary when brands replace products.

I was certainly not a happy camper when I realized what they were planning.  Change can be good but that whole, "if it aint broke, don't fix it" needs to be a mantra brands hold dear, LOL @darkiceis

Beautiful eye look and swatches @ElleElleG! 💕

Thank you @angel7594 !!!

Thank you for the in-depth review, @ElleElleG!  Both the old and new version of the formula look fantastic on you, even if you have to work with more of the new formula.

Thank you @curlychiquita !!

Congrats ladies! Please let us know if they last 12 hours, with no primer if you get a chance. That is a whole work shift for me and I'd love something that lasts.

I have a look to share with the shades I received, (M631, D716, D410) which were from the classic look created by @DinaPRO in the following thread: Vote for your fave! New MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadows.

89C3ECB0-C704-4E00-BAF7-3E9B8E8CDF15.jpeg

E8A25A04-B03C-42F7-97D2-47BEF7ADAA0C.jpeg

I used M631 in the crease and partially on my lid, and the outer v area, D410 on the center lid, and D 716 on the inner corner and brow bone.AEBD7F05-C877-4394-A19C-9D8AA1173CCE.jpeg

L-R: D410, D716, M631

I used UD primer on my lids before application. I was impressed with how nicely the shades applied and blended. Very smooth! There was a little fall out with D410 and D716, so I chose to do my eyes before the rest of my face makeup. I just swept the fallout away with a fluffy setting powder brush. I enjoyed the previous MUFE eye shadow formula but the new is excellent quality. Thank you again Sephora for this generous gift, I will enjoy using these!

197 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • C9F0780E-F2F5-47C6-B7B2-5F6C545F53FA.jpeg
  • 42FA9D28-BAC3-4F96-ABCB-A87387886AE9.jpeg
  • 53930DF3-9AFB-4651-8096-9A5188FDE88F.jpeg
  • M106, ME302, ME224
  • M928, I834, I538
  • 20180130_184244.jpg
  • 89C3ECB0-C704-4E00-BAF7-3E9B8E8CDF15.jpeg
  • E8A25A04-B03C-42F7-97D2-47BEF7ADAA0C.jpeg
  • AEBD7F05-C877-4394-A19C-9D8AA1173CCE.jpeg
  • MUFE Artist Shadows (old formula)
  • MUFE Artist Color Shadows (new formula)
  • Shades on each eye, Bottom to Top: I538 (new), D562 (old), I834 (new), I606 (old), M928 (new), M928 (old)
  • M106, ME302 (new), ME302 (old), ME224
  • 5CCE0988-3CD2-4DE2-9B06-655E3340CB7F.jpeg
testing