Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Tatcha Camellia Oil for eye makeup removal?

Hello there 🙂

I just bought a sample container of Tatcha’s Camellia Clensing Oil to remove makeup + the Rice Polish to follow up with, after reading all the positive reviews and after having a great experience with the company’s Water Cream. I have two questions:

(1) Can the Camellia oil be safely used as eye makeup remover as well? If yes, do you put the oil on your fingers or on a cotton pad to remove eye makeup?

(2) How often can the Camellia oil be used? Is daily use safe? (I wear makeup almost every day.)

Thanks so much for any advice!

- Isabella -

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL

Re: Tatcha Camellia Oil for eye makeup removal?

I've used the Cleansing Oil daily, and to remove eye makeup, and never had any problems. It's one of the two cleansers I keep/use, for a couple years now. Usually I remove as much eye makeup as possible with wipes first, but my mascara (Benefit's They're Real) is stubborn. The Cleansing Oil actually gets the rest of it off, and when it does get in my eyes, it doesn't burn. Makes things a tad blurry until I can rinse it out, though. 

Tatcha's rice powder *was* one of my holy grail products for two years, but the formula change ruined it for my skin. A lot of people still really like it, though. Try every few days, rather than daily for exfoliating. If it's not working for you, you probably want a different exfoliator, rather than using it more often.

@ksdjhkdhkjdsjdg Cleansing oil is great for removing eye makeup! As stated below, I just use my hands as I'm rubbing it over my face. Also, you can certainly use cleansing oil daily. Personally, I wouldn't use the Rice Polish daily since it exfoliates and most people don't require daily exfoliation, but that's highly dependent on your own skin and how it reacts. I do love the rice polish though- it leaves skin so soft!

Thanks for your reply, Quspork 🙂 I love the cleansing oil. It does a very good job removing all makeup, including eye. Using it as per recommendations here. Been using it only a few days and so far, no breakouts (my skin is very reactive). I also have the Rice Polish for sensitive skin, and I don’t use it every day either. It does leave my skin very smooth but it’s too drying if I use it every day. So every other day or every 3rd day works perfectly for me. Otherwise I use an all-natural, handmade, very gentle and non-alcohol honey-oatmeal-milk soap after the clensing oil, then I follow with Tatcha’s Essence + Tatcha Anti-aging moisturizer at night and The Water cream daytime. Ever since I’ve started using this Tatcha routine, my skin has only been improving (lots of post-acne scars). The scars are fading day by day and my skin is becoming smoother and smoother. People who haven’t seen me for a while are asking what I’ve been doing that my face looks so great now 🙂 I hate spending so much money on Tatcha - but honestly it is the only brand so far that has had such an amazing effect on my skin. So it’s worth every penny.

So glad to hear that's all working well for you, @ksdjhkdhkjdsjdg! It sounds like you've got a good routine going!

RE: Tatcha Camellia Oil for eye makeup removal?

I absolutely looovee it! I use it every time to take my makeup off. I usually pump it in my palms and start rubbing it all over my face and eyes. 🙂

Re: RE: Tatcha Camellia Oil for eye makeup removal?

Thanks Serap! That helps a lot 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing