From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Tarte toasted vs jacqueline hill vs subculture vs morphe 350m and 350s?

I could not find much info on the 350m and 350s morphe bundle. I own those and just recently purchased the Jac hill and tarte toasted and subculture. I am so split between all of those. I'm not sure whether I should keep those or not. Just for reference i and light medium skin tone, so think middle eastern. I just don't want repetition in my collection. I like some of the warm mattes in Jac hill but am not at all impressed by the shimmers. Plus I'll probably never use the blue and purple. I've got the urban decay electric as well.

Re: Tarte toasted vs jacqueline hill vs subculture vs morphe 350m and 350s?

I think the 35O and 35S are complete staples in a collection! They give you a lot of range and variety to do multiple warm looks! I also think cooler tones will be coming back in soon, so maybe you could start adding to your collection in that range! Pretty Vulgar is has a Nightingale Palette that offers some great neutral tones, with a few cooler ones that I think could create some really great looks on your skin tone!

@SimranJudge I own them all but Subculture. The shades never interested me. I owe the 35O2 more than any of the 35O palettes. I love the Toasted palette more than the Heat. If I were you, I would keep them all since I already made the purchase. I am a collector and love palettes (even though I don’t use them often). They’re all fairly affordable, especially Morphe. Since you have a all the palettes you need for base looks, I wouldn’t buy anymore. Maybe you can focus on top coats or glitters from here on out. Colourpop’s SuperShocks are affordable and are amazing top coats. Stila Glitter&Glow’s are a staple in my eye look as well. ❤️❤️❤️

Btw I love stila glitter liquid shadows!! I have all of them but one! 

What did yiu mean by using colorpop as top coat? I did order colorpop golden state of mind. I seriously worry with the amount of shadows I have, how long will it take for them to start going bad? 

Thanks for the response! So I'm talking about 350s and 350m, which is shimmer and matte, 2 separate palettes. I don't mind returning the Jac hill, toasted, or subculture because I don't feel like hoarding dupes, I have quiet a few palettes. I've noticed I've moved on to more neutral looks since those are more suitable for work so some really frosty shimmers end up on the back burner. I just got the morphe 35f too. And I'm starting to get the feeling I might just be very limited as far as looks are concerned with tarte toasted.

Honestly I feel really overwhelmed sometimes because I really want to start hitting Pan on something!! But I'm not even close! I've got thr tarte tartiest pro and I haven't even managed to erase the tarte label on the shadows! 

Do you own the 350s and 350m, do yiu feel I'm repeating a lot of the shadows? One in particular from tarte, the Frostiest shimmer of all is there in my morphe 350s.

what other palettes do you enjoy? 

How are you liking Jac hill palette? 

@SimranJudge I understand exactly what you mean. I do own 35Os, 35Om, 35O and 35O2. Yes, I think dupes for Toasted live in Morphe. So you could return that and not miss a thing as well as Subculture but keep Jaclyn! I do take Toasted while traveling because of its small size. Hitting pan scares me! Lol! I swear I buy doubles of palettes. 

When it comes to warm shades, we do repeat the shades. Sticking to Morphe is great because it’s so affordable. I love the Jaclyn Hill palette. The formula is different. It’s much Loren buttery.  It’s definitely one of my favorites. So is the 39A! 

As as far as Colourpop, do yourself a favor and grab the SuperShock shadow in Ritz. It’s the collab with LauraLee. Girl...it’s a dupe for the Natasha Denona Nude Crystal Top Coat (which I also own) and is soooooo pretty!!!! Apply it over any shimmer or matte and it gives you this gorgeous, glittery sheen. I bought 5 cause I never want to run out! 

Omg, I love it how you buyso many dupes just Incase you run out! I wish I could be more creative with my looks but am limited due to work. About the tarte toasted I was thinking the same thing, perfect for travel but then could only come up with two looks in total. I also own the tarte clay play version 1 = LOVE!!!!! 

I might keep the Jac hill just for the few 4-5 mattes I like in it... Hate the shimmers though. Need to try that palette again with eyeshadow base because without it they disappear within an hour. I also bought too faced chocolate gold, love it! Do you have that one? 

@SimranJudge I would keep the Jac Hill palette if I were you. And if you get the itch, grab the 39A! I love that one too. 

I only like the Chocolate Gold. I feel like all the gold shades look the same once I apply it. I also wish there was a Rose Gold shade. I’m loving the Tarte Finger Paints right now. They’re soooo pretty! Too Yacht lives in my inner corner. Lol. It gives me that blinding inner-corner highlight I love. I like I mentioned earlier, glitter is a staple for me. I literally use it on every single eye look! 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing