Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

My name is Bombshell and I continue to be an eyeshadow addict enthusiast !! However, five weeks ago I began a quest to actually start using my mountains and mountains of palettes and shadows. Along with some awesome ladies who have joined in I have committed to using the same palette 5 days in a row and posting the results at the end of five days. Those with single shadows are welcome to join in as well! 

If you are interested in the original rules & lists posted they can be found in off topic, (take the challenge: palette parade).  the gist of it is make a list, plan to show all your shadows love for extended period of time (5days), if you hate it first day move on. I am also planning to add weeks of singles by brand (Stila week, UD week, Nars week).  I think instead of posting and editing lists it would be easier to report what we plan to use at the beginning of the week and the report the results at the end. We meet here at the end of the week to discuss what we wore for the week, how it worked for us and most importantly to share pictures and advice! Anyone can join as we all started at different times and have different numbers of palettes, and will finish at different times. I am looking at 38 (?) more weeks if I don't buy one more palette! Smiley Wink Xoxo I look forward to more fun parading with all you girls!

Palette Parade Princesses: CalamityJane85, Nikki, LadyMeag, Beethousand, AmberAngeline, MaFan, nurseCupcake, Carolang, Jenblush, Malday, Sparlekai, GHKim, IttyxBittyxMe, Katie241, SirenPrincess, Manniface.

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

Thank you Kitty! Smiley Happy

I have to know what palette you used for this look?! I want it! Smiley Very Happy I browsed through a lot of the comments and didn't see it mentioned. I went back to your list and it appears you're on week 8, Too Faced "Be Bright". Is that correct?

Yes ma'm. That is correct! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Peacock Princess, ya'll! Love it!

I feel like I am 3 palettes behind. ORZ

You aren't love! You are right where you are supposed to be! Smiley Wink

This week was be merry, be bright from too faced. Super easy to use for five days! Keeping both!

My Shiro haul includes samples for all of the Seven Kingdoms, Hobbit, Legends, and Super Effective collections; three discontinued shades; and four extras that she tossed in for free.  

I have only swatched a few so far.  Maiden Queen, Mother or Dragons, and Heart Piece are gorgeous.  Mockingjay was one of the bonus ones and it is a lovely copper/bronze with a buttery texture. Lovelovelove.

OMG. *drooooooooooooooools*

I think you just enabled the crap outta me.

*runs to comfy's house to play with pretties*

Are they messy to play around with, or is the packaging ok?

These are just samples (~1/4 tsp) in teeny zippered bags.  You have to be careful not to rip the zipper and to reseal correctly.

The shadows are sold in mini jars (1 gram) and full size (2 grams).  The jars have a screw cap and a sifter insert.

I bought a bunch of samples and then bought a 25-pack of mini jars on amazon for $10. It was surprisingly easy to transfer from the envelopes to the mini jars without much mess.  Now they're just about the same as bare mineral eyeshadow loose powders.

Three words: Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. (They're closed at the moment - I've never figured out how to predict when they're going to do that.)  Anastasia Beauty Genius makes a decent runner- up. 

They're open again!  Any other product recommendations from this brand?

Honestly, the Pixie Epoxy is the only standout product. The pigments/shadows are nice but nothing over the top special. But the Pixie Epoxy is great!

Spoiler
1. In the Moment Palette – Stila Keeper
2. Sunset i-Divine Palette – Sleek Makeup Lovelovelove
3. Oh So Special i-Divine Palette – Sleek Makeup Keeper
4. Storm i-Divine Palette – Sleek Makeup Keeper
5. Sweet Heart Palette – SugarPill Keeper, though the blue is tricky
6. Au Naturel i-Divine Palette – Sleek Makeup Surprisingly loved!
7. Night Fall Full Spectra Palette – Sephora+Pantone 
8. Garden of Eden i-Divine Palette – Sleek Makeup
9. Heart Breaker Palette - SugarPill
10. Burning Heart Palette – SugarPill
11. Day Break Full Spectra Palette – Sephora+Pantone

After reading comments by manniface and SirenPrincess, I decided to up the ante by not mixing singles with the Au Naturel palette.  I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.  I love this palette, especially for office looks.  True, it's not going to change my love of color but I was able to use quite a few successful combinations.  In photos, they all look the same but I could tell the difference in the mirror.  The neutral looks also gave me the freedom to rock a bolder lip.  Definitely a keeper!

I used my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes last week.  I like it, but the Too Faced shadows I've worked with seem harder to blend than others that I have.  Maybe it's the brushes I use.  But I like the purple colors and I will keep this and use it again, though certainly not as an all the time thing.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I played with the new Divergent set.  I love it!  I didn't want to put it away today.  I even got a complement on how nice I looked on Saturday, which is unusual for me.  The shadows blended well.  I know they're mostly neutrals but every day they just seemed so nice.

Today I started my Estee Lauder GWP palette.  The colors look great in the pan, but I found them chalkier and less pigmented than I expected, especially based on other Estee Lauder shadows that I have.  I was almost tempted to TSB it after one shot, but I'll try some different colors tomorrow.  It doesn't look bad, just not as easy to work with as I'm used to (and the white doesn't brighten things up the way that I'd like.)

I did learn an important lesson today -- make sure anything you put on your waterline is WATERPROOF!  Don't ask my why I decided to try tightlining this morning, but I did.  The set came with three small pencils (small does not make these easier) and I thought I'd try the Blackened Plum to go with the purples I chose. It went on amazingly smoothly.  I thought wow, this is easy -- and it does add something.  And I tried it on the bottom line and didn't like it, so took that off.  A couple of minutes later my lower line/undereye area was a bluish purple on both eyes (and I'd only fussed with the waterline on one).  Cleaned it up, more to follow.  I ended up taking everything off and doing it again, this time only with liner above my lashes.  I can see how pencil is easier than some of the automatic smudge stick type liners I have, but next time I'm making sure it's waterproof!

Last week was Sugarpill's Cold Chemistry. To prevent the spamming of the thread with my eyeballs, here's my favorite look from the week:

I put up a full post on my blog with all of the pictures. The palette is way, way more versatile than I was expecting and I was a little heavy-handed with it the first few days but settled in to what you see above. I'm very, very happy with this as a purchase and part of my collection. 

Up this week: NARSissist. Yes, I caved. 

That look is soooo pretty on you! I love it!

Wow, that really compliments your eye(s).  Terrific choice!

Gorgeous! Loved the other looks you did with this palette too!

So this week is Benefit's I am Glam therefore I am. It's chalkier than I remember :/

I also decided today that I'm pre-emptively tossing a EL palette into a TSB because I never reach for it and it's barely used, and it will make a nice addition to my stash.

Conversation Stats
Photos141
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • 1005798_10152148399693991_1491407791_n.jpg
  • ud.jpeg
  • SugarpillBurningHeartClose.JPG
  • SugarpillSweetheartClose.JPG
  • HeartbreakerDay1.jpg
  • photo (5).JPG
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg