Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes
Highlighted

Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

My name is Bombshell and I continue to be an eyeshadow addict enthusiast !! However, five weeks ago I began a quest to actually start using my mountains and mountains of palettes and shadows. Along with some awesome ladies who have joined in I have committed to using the same palette 5 days in a row and posting the results at the end of five days. Those with single shadows are welcome to join in as well! 

If you are interested in the original rules & lists posted they can be found in off topic, (take the challenge: palette parade).  the gist of it is make a list, plan to show all your shadows love for extended period of time (5days), if you hate it first day move on. I am also planning to add weeks of singles by brand (Stila week, UD week, Nars week).  I think instead of posting and editing lists it would be easier to report what we plan to use at the beginning of the week and the report the results at the end. We meet here at the end of the week to discuss what we wore for the week, how it worked for us and most importantly to share pictures and advice! Anyone can join as we all started at different times and have different numbers of palettes, and will finish at different times. I am looking at 38 (?) more weeks if I don't buy one more palette! Smiley Wink Xoxo I look forward to more fun parading with all you girls!

Palette Parade Princesses: CalamityJane85, Nikki, LadyMeag, Beethousand, AmberAngeline, MaFan, nurseCupcake, Carolang, Jenblush, Malday, Sparlekai, GHKim, IttyxBittyxMe, Katie241, SirenPrincess, Manniface.

Re: Take the Challenge: Palette Parade version 2.0

This isn't everything.....the thought of getting all those bare minerals singles & other things out of their hiding place deterred me. This is 90% of what I am working with!

This is shadows only. If we included everything eyes the pile would be much, much scarier! I put my list in a spoiler too to save room!

Spoiler
Week 1: 4 Magic-Lancome 1/17/14 Not keeping, got bored by day 3
Week 2: 4 Passion-Lancome 1/24/14 Depotting one shade and passing on the rest, which are almost new!!!
Week 3: 10th Anniversary Palettes- Too Faced Quasi-keeper: keeping one blush, and 4 of the shadows. Donating the rest to a friends Z-palette. NOTE TO SELF: Must NOT depot before using! Just got so excited about my new toy!
Week 4: 10 Pan Shadow Palette- Stila. Keeping- love it more than I knew!!
Week 5: 15th Anniversary Palette- Urban Decay KEEPER!!!
Week 6:Admire Me Smashbox- keeping because they are really great neutral colors, but definitely notenough variety   to last five days! 
Week 7: Adventure Palette-Tarte so easy to get five days from this! Definitely a keeper!
Week 8: Be Bright-Too Faced keeping. Super easy to use for a week
Week 9: Be Merry-Too Faced
Week10: Book of Shadows2- Urban Decay
Week11: Chocolate Bar-Too Faced 1/2/14 keeping because these are neutrals which are easy to use if you are in an hurry. Other than that I just get bored with neutrals in general. This experiment has convinced me to never buy another neutral as long as I live!
Week12: Cocktail Hour-Bare Minerals Keeping 
Spoiler

Spoiler
KVD Chrysalis palette ( new) 
Week13: Deluxe Shadow Box-Urban Decay keeping, easy to use for a week 3/21/24
Week14: MAKE UP GEEK
Week15: ELF 100
Week16: Entice Me-Smashbox
Week17: Esperanza-KatVonD
Week18: Eye Couture - Tarte
Week19: Fabulous in Fiji-Stila
Week20: Flash-Smashbox
Week21: Impressionist Palette-Stila
Week22: Joy to the Girls-Too Faced
Week23: Kaleidoscope-Stila
Week24: Kiss-n-Tell- Smashbox
Week25: Lavender Grace - Lancome
Week26: Let it Snow- Stila
Week27: Life in Laguna-Stila
Week28: Masterclass 1- Smashbox
Week29: Masterclass 2- Smashbox
Week30: Minimalist Palette-Stila
Week31: Modernist Palette-Stila
Week32: Naked 3- Urban Decay
Week33: Pee-A-Bright-Eyes-Benefit
Week34: Smolder-Lorac
Week35: Spellbinding Book of Shadows-KatVonD
Week36: Star Child Odyssey- Tarina Tarintino (This should be an interesting week)
Week37: Sweet Romance-Lorac
Week38: Tarte of Giving-Tarte
Week39: -Tokidoki- vegas and til death do us part ( 1 quad is just not enough!)
Week40: Unzipped-Lorac
Week41: Urban Ammo-Urban Decay
Week42: Urban Decay Singles
Week43: Wizard of Oz (Glinda) -Urban Decay
Spoiler
 week44: Nars singles and duos, week45: Stila singles, week45: cream shadows and sticks, week46: bare minerals singles, week47: wet and wild's poster child, week48: illamasqua singles

i'm coming to live at your house bombie!!!

You are always welcome Sparkle!

Oh my gosh look at all the pretties! Brb I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Great minds think alike.  I like it! Did you know you can depot the vintage UD shadows and put them in the new build your own palettes?  I did that with all of mine, so much easier to store!  

Ohhhhhh short stuff!! That would save me so much room! you are the queen of depotting though. I love them and I don't want to hurt them...... Maybe you can pep talk me into trying again!

the queen of depotting?  omg i need to borrow you!!! i just got a z palette but i'm too scared to use it!

Yes! She is the queen!

so i tried my hand at depotting yesterday and i "only" hurt 2 out of 10 shadows...of course they were the first 2 and i walked away saying "i can't do this!!" until mr man told me to suck it up and try again!  the other 8 made it out unwounded!!!

This is exactly why I practiced my first deporting episode on all of my drugstore shadows....Some of them were not pretty when they came out! but I did it!

IT'S LIKE A BEAUTIFUL MOSAIC!

Thanks Malday! Welcome to 2.0 lol

We could open a Sephora Store together.

We could! I'd love to go into the beauty biz with you Nikki! Smiley Happy

Love your collection! I need to take a pic like that of mine next time I'm home!

I finished my palettes; I only have a few.  Now I'm going on to all my BE and Meow Cosmetics singles.  Those will take me until all the snow melts, which for those of you who don't know will probably be sometime in July.

Great job Titian! Smiley Happy on to the singles!!!

I saw in the new Ulta flyer that BE has released 7 Ways to Bare, Vol. 2.  Unfortunately, Ulta is the sole carrier of this palette, but that won't stop me.  I have the first one, and I don't want it to be lonely.  Smiley Wink

I still haven't purchase the new KVD palette either.  I guess I'm sorta waiting for the next sale.

this princess is still waving on the float!!   brought my list here(hidden in the spoiler) so it's easier to find and i can remember my list!!  at least for a week!

Spoiler
1. bareminerals - dream sequence & showstopper
07-feb-14 this is a keeper!
2. sephora - miami vibes
14-feb-2014 returning...not happy at all
3. stila - in the moment
21-feb-2014 this is a keeper
4. sephora - island oasis
5. sephora - eternally purple
6. urban decay - naked 3
07-mar-14 - this is a keeper
7. urban decay - naked 1
14-mar-2014 - this is a keeper
8. laura mercier - artist palette- up this week
9. urban decay - deluxe shadow box
10. stila - rocking in rio
11. sugar pill
12. urban decay - naked 2
13. sugar pill
14. singles
15. shadow sticks
16. pigments

Here is my list:

i did naked basics last week: next up Ladybird

Spoiler
Cliffhanger - Bare Minerals 2/7/14 boring but good colors that i will keep and mix with singles
Grege - Dior 2/14/14 love this palette especially for neutral looks for work
Ilium - Chanel 2/26/14 love this one but i'm glad it was only 3 days with only a 4 pan palette
Ladybird - KvD  3/17/14 the only shade i really like here is the orange. everything else looks too warm on me except maybe the purple and the black. if i ever find another orange shade to replace this one, i'm going to tsb this palette
Lagons - Chanel 3/12/14 this was a tough one to for 3 days straight bc it's so blue, but i did it! i think i will reserve this one for nights where i can be more dramatic
Les Fumes - Guerlain
Les Gris - Guerlain 
Spoiler
Mac - custom made 15 shadow palette
Meet Matte - TheBalm 3/28/14 this was really easy to use, plenty of colors, i love this plaette
Naked1 - Urban Decay i took this one on vacay with me because i knew it was going to be so versatile and it was, i just wish there was one completely matte lid color; normally i would have taken 3-4 palettes on a trip but palette parade made me take only 1, which is wonderful for packing!
Prelude - Chanel
Pro - Lorac 3/21/14 this one was really easy to use, love it. i just worry that i will go through the cream color too soon
Z palette with a bunch of random shadows
#8 - Kevyn Aucoin
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
#6 - Giorgio Armani 3/4/14 this one was great to either dress up or down since it has a shimmer option
Silvered Topaz - Tom Ford
Golden Mink - Tom Ford
Spoiler
LM artist palette 2014 4/4/14
Naked Basics - Urban Decay very work appropriate but i am glad i am only spending 3 days with this one too because it is getting a little boring 3/7/14 i actually really like this one - great to travel with, great for work

Thank you for doing that GHKim! I haven't yet learned how to do links that way! You are so thoughtful! 

Excellent idea with the use of singles by brand.  And now since your original post, I have acquired 11 different palettes, enabler!!! Smiley Wink 

I'll use my Tarte Coral Crush this week.  

It's ok to buy them as long as you show them love! Xoxo

480 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos141
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • 1005798_10152148399693991_1491407791_n.jpg
  • ud.jpeg
  • SugarpillBurningHeartClose.JPG
  • SugarpillSweetheartClose.JPG
  • HeartbreakerDay1.jpg