Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Super Dry Eyes

I have the driest skin! Especially under my eyes. When applying concealer it turns cakey and flaky looking. Any good tips and tricks? Concealers or skincare or anything I should try?! I’m open to anything!

Re: Super Dry Eyes

My best advice is just to pack on as much moisture as possible.

I use a combo of the The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA and Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream and then the Glossier future dew on my cheeks. If your foundation is not as matte, this might not be necessary. I think the tool you use really changes the way concealer looks. I use a pretty dense brush under the eyes and/or blend with my finger first to warm it up. I use the Elf Hydrating Concealer or the Revlon Antioxidant concealer. 

If both of those things don’t help, I think your best bet is not setting the under eye or just wearing a minimal amount of product there. Piling products, even in thin layers, can make your under eyes look worse. But I genuinely think putting on really moisturizing products underneath will make a big difference. If you use a color corrector under the concealer it could also help prevent you from using as much. I can elaborate on any of these things if needed! 

I use ole henrikson good night glow at night and then during the day I use ole henrikson glow cycle serum with ole henrikson vitamin c gel cream and ole henrikson banana bright cream. 

I hydrate with under eye cream with my skincare while I do my brows. I always do my eyes next while the skincare soaks in then I place my face primer. I also found Bobby Brown’s eye base smooths under my eyes which is also dry and for me more mature skin. I place my foundation on then use Becca color corrector in light/medium placing little dab on back of hand to warm up and dab under eyes it hydrates and brightens without moving foundation and then I use concealer and that glides on no dryness. My favorites Pat McGRATH concealer, Giorgio Armani OR Too Faced. All glide on beautifully on my dry skin. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing