Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Subculture palette

The fallout of this palette insane. I am so sad to return it

Re: Subculture palette

I found this palette to have beautiful colors that swatch beautifully. I did notice a lot of excess product being kicked up. My problem was blending, these colors do not blend the way normal shadows do. They become very muddy. I know how to blend properly but these shadows were very problematic. If you really love the colors in this palette I would suggest investing in VISEART Dark Mattes palette. It's a higher end palette that is far superior in quality and blendability.

I personally didn't have any issues with my palette eithe...

I personally didn't have any issues with my palette either. I think a lot of the issues that the "beauty gurus" are over exaggerating and being melodramatic for the views and for the sake of hopping on the bandwagon. (Watch Wayne Goss's review of the palette) And as far as the fallout, it tends to be a little bit more when you are working w more of a pressed pigment like my Natasha Denona shadows, the fallout is crazy but the blending is stellar as well as the color payoff and no one complained about those.

@Anonymous  The key to Subculture is to go in with a very, very light hand and pick up very little shadow with your brush.  

I forgot today and went in like I do with some other shadows and ended up with a huge teal blob on the side of my eye - not cute!  But, when used sparingly, this palette can provide some fabulous looks - the pigmentation is insane!

I didn't find my subculture palette to have any more fall...

I didn't find my subculture palette to have any more fall out than my other ABH palettes. I have had nothing but good experiences with my subculture palette and I am glad I decided to try it for myself and not listening to the negative reviews.

Re: I didn't find my subculture palette to have any more fall...

So glad to hear that! I'll go for it. Modern Renaissance is my favorite palette by far, hopefully I won't be dissappointed.

Oh man, really? I was seeing some mixed reviews so was really hoping on getting my hands on it this week 😞 Did you have trouble blending it also? How bad was the fallout? I wasn't sure if makeup gurus were just exaggerating.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Subculture palette

Yes the blending was terrible. It doesn't blend well and is very blotchy. I probably just got a bad batch because some people seem to enjoy it:/
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing