cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Subculture Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills

Hey BIC!

We were just able to get our hands on the new Subculture eyeshadow palette from Anastasia and O-M-G, you guys, we are utterly mesmerized! The shades are out-of-this-world unique yet wearable for an everyday look, you can tell @ClaudiaSoare (aka Norvina) put so much effort into creating this palette. Our brand new Community intern, @RachelBT, helped me swatch this grungy yet gorgeous palette so you all can get a closer look at the shades and see how it looks on different skintones.

Subculture_1.jpgRachelโ€™s favorite colors are Adorn, All Star, Axis, Untamed and Electric. I am loving Cube, Adorn, All Star (so creamy!), Mercury and New Wave. We were surprised to see such unconventional colors in the palette but after playing with it we were surprised at how versatile it is. This could be used for a no makeup makeup look (Dawn, mercury and New Wave), you can get a killer inner eye highlight with Cube and then you can go bold with the red and blue-based shades because they are oh so pigmented!

Adorn is a buttery, rich metallic shade that would be great for a night out either alone or layered with any of the deeper shades. Electric looks bomb on Rachelโ€™s deeper skintone but isnโ€™t my fave for pale skin but seriously transforms the color of the other shades when layered on top (All Star, specifically).

SUBCULTURE_ROW 1.jpg

SUBCULTURE_ROW 2.jpg

Subculture will be available on Sephora.com (US and Canada) this Tuesday, 8/1!

Re: Subculture Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills

Wow!   @KatieBT @RachelBT @DinaPRO  You've created some gorgeous looks!

I was not at all interested in this palette at first glance, but the more swatches and looks I see posted make me super intrigued...  I guess I have a few more days to decide. ๐Ÿ™‚

All of the info and photos are so enabling ๐Ÿ™‚ haha

I wasn't drawn to this palette at all initially but the more I see swatches, the more I'm attracted to it. I've never even used some of the colors that are in this palette but I feel like they're so wearable yet bold at the same time! 

@myumew exactly. Don't judge a palette by its colors. Ha!

@KatieBT @RachelBT oh how cool!! I'm looking forward to getting this palette.

KatieBT wrote:

Hey BIC!

We were just able to get our hands on the new Subculture eyeshadow palette from Anastasia and O-M-G, you guys, we are utterly mesmerized! The shades are out-of-this-world unique yet wearable for an everyday look, you can tell @ClaudiaSoare (aka Norvina) put so much effort into creating this palette. Our brand new Community intern, @RachelBT, helped me swatch this grungy yet gorgeous palette so you all can get a closer look at the shades and see how it looks on different skintones.

Subculture_1.jpgRachelโ€™s favorite colors are Adorn, All Star, Axis, Untamed and Electric. I am loving Cube, Adorn, All Star (so creamy!), Mercury and New Wave. We were surprised to see such unconventional colors in the palette but after playing with it we were surprised at how versatile it is. This could be used for a no makeup makeup look (Dawn, mercury and New Wave), you can get a killer inner eye highlight with Cube and then you can go bold with the red and blue-based shades because they are oh so pigmented!

Adorn is a buttery, rich metallic shade that would be great for a night out either alone or layered with any of the deeper shades. Electric looks bomb on Rachelโ€™s deeper skintone but isnโ€™t my fave for pale skin but seriously transforms the color of the other shades when layered on top (All Star, specifically).

SUBCULTURE_ROW 1.jpg

SUBCULTURE_ROW 2.jpg

Subculture will be available on Sephora.com (US and Canada) this Tuesday, 8/1!

Have you used it with the quad idea? Someone posted it on the ABH thread - it's a neat way to look at the shadows ๐Ÿ™‚

@KatieBT @RachelBT y'all look rockin ! i was amused by the reveal of this palette because i found the color story incredibly unique compared to so many palettes being put out recently--but also a little bit confounding. BUT THEN i realized what it reminded me of ! BIBA !!! 

all the colors are quite 70s, bruised fruit sort of vibes, very much like barbara hulanicki's BIBA cosmetics range. which means the rather famous videos lisa eldridge did using real vintage BIBA cosmetics can be the perfect sort of inspiration / tutorial for people who are intrigued by the palette but not quite sure what to do with the colors !

obviously lisa's tutorials are a very true-to-the era these cosmetics were intended for (though i think it all looks very fresh again). very 30s-revival 70s disco. but i think it could still get people excited about the color theories this palette provides ! (incidentally, these are my favorite videos lisa has ever done.)

i'm also tagging @Mochapj because i think she may squeal at this, too.

@jemly not that anyone asked me, but the matte-ish colors have the look and texture of kid leather, totally unique and sofffft. Yet pigmented and bollllld.

@ShiraBT What a great description!  Can't wait for the Canadian Vloggers to get this and get on the train!!! t minus a few mins!!!! x's and o's #canada 

๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ @jemly !

@KatieBT @RachelBT I loveeeee โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ these looks on you guys! So grungy gorgeous. Rachel, you also have such a beautiful lip shape ๐Ÿ˜Š

Katieโ€™s bold look was created using Cube (inner corner), Dawn & Roxy (lid), Rowdy & Axis (Rim of the Eye). She achieved the out of this world highlight with Milk Makeupโ€™s Holographic Highlighting Powder in the shade Supernova. Finished her look with Beccaโ€™s Liquid Crystal Glow Gloss on her lips.

Subculture_KT2.jpg

Spoiler
Subculture_KT1.jpg

Hey guys! Meet our new intern, Rachel!! We just worked with Dina PRO to create some gorgeous looks. Details below ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Subculture_Rach1.jpg

Spoiler
Subculture_Rach2.jpg

On Rachel, Dina created a halo eye look. She used Cube on her inner-corner and as a brow highlight. She placed Adore in the center for the halo, and All Star was used on her inner and outer corners to support the halo. She then blended Mercury into the crease. 

In case you're curious, Rachel is wearing the new Mars Holographic Highlighting Powder from MILK and Urban Decay liner in Hex with Bite's Agave lip mask ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@RachelBT is my new favorite Community model.

I'm so excited! ABH just posted a gorgeous shimmery look in IG.

Hey guys! I'm here with @DinaPRO right now getting Sephora PRO tips for this palette AND she's going to create a look on me ๐Ÿ™‚ Ask us anything about the palette, we'll be hanging out for another hour or so!

Subculture_4.jpg

is this palette as creamy as the MR?

YES!!!!

KarinaGG wrote:

is this palette as creamy as the MR?

@RachelBT @KatieBT what was the inspiration behind these shades? This palette must have taken a lot of time to put together as all the shades are perfect and should work for everyone. I love it ๐Ÿ˜ 

@darkiceis I know Norvina said it was the sister to Modern Renaissance but that's definitely a question for the brand! 

Since there are a lot of cool toned shades in this palette, which tend to look better on those with fair hair/pink undertones, any suggestions for looks with this palette for those with yellow undertones and dark hair?

Also is Electric duo chrome or just a shimmer?

Thanks! โค๏ธ

Hey guys I'm Rachel, new to the Community Team jumping in for Katie!  

@Madeline7 This palette works for any skin tone. Dawn, New Wave, Destiny, Edge and Fudge work great for those of you with yellow undertones. For warm undertones you can use Rowdy, Mercury, and Adorn as neutrals. A pro tip from Dina -- feel free to mix all tones!

Electric is a yellow-green with a shimmer to it. While Cube is a duo chrome that shifts from white to pink!

I LOVE axis and roxy! I can't wait to get my hands one this one, it'll be a while though.

Oh man I'm so excited for this!!!  Thanks for the swatches!  I held off of purchasing it today because I wanted to buy it from Sephora, I hope it doesn't sell out xD

Electric is my favorite shade of the bunch.  Its so unique

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • Subculture_1.jpg
  • SUBCULTURE_ROW 1.jpg
  • SUBCULTURE_ROW 2.jpg
  • Subculture_4.jpg
  • Subculture_Rach1.jpg
  • Subculture_Rach2.jpg
  • Subculture_KT2.jpg
  • Subculture_KT1.jpg