Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Straight lashes, watery eyes

Hello everyone I’m very new to this so need some help. I have straight, thin lashes... and most mascaras i have used weigh them down instantly. I also have very watery eyes so after an hour I’m smudged. What can you guys recommend for me to help keep them curled, get some volume, and not smudge. I’m very plain Jane about makeup so I want to invest in a good mascara. Mixed reviews on Better than Sex and Lancôme ☹️

Re: Straight lashes, watery eyes

I have Asian eyes and Asian lashes so I feel your pain on a whole other level.

I use the Shu Uemura lash curler which is great.  I also use the smaller half inch sized lash curler so I can curl in sections instead of all at once.  I got mine in Japan.

I find that waterproof mascaras work best for holding curls longer but in the end, they all straighten out throughout the day.

I saw one girl curl her lashes, use a clean mascara wand to apply Vaseline to her lashes, then apply mascara to just the tip of her lashes.  I haven't tried that trick yet but I definitely will!

My favorite alternative option is using SEPHORA COLLECTION - Luxe False Lash.  They're a bit more on the expensive side compared to ones at Target, TJ Maxx, etc. but they are great quality!  I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION - House of Lashes® Eyelash Adhesive which is like super glue for falsies.  I use mascara to blend my lashes to the falsies.

Another option I have yet to try is lash lift/ lash tint or extensions.  I wish I could do this but since I always do my eye makeup, it's not the best option for me.

If you want thicker lashes, it's best to use a serum to moisturize them (but they won't grow longer).  There is one real approved lash growth serum but it's prescription only.  All other serums are not approved and there is no proof they actually work.

RE: Straight lashes, watery eyes

Usually if you have straight lashes and watery eyes a waterproof is recommended. I would say put one coat of regular mascara on and then follow it with a coat of a waterproof formula. Some of my favorites are the too faced better than sex or the L’Oréal lash paradise. Hope you find one that works well!

RE: Straight lashes, watery eyes

I would recommend a lash conditioner ! I use the one from nyx ! I find it has improved my lashes significantly while wearing mascara and allows my lashes to hold better with products! For mascaras benefits roller lash I feel works greats to get a curl and is very light weight feeling! Using a lash curler also helps a lot !

Straight lashes, watery eyes

Hey! I have had the best luck with Benefit mascaras. My personal favorite is Bad Gal Bang. Absolutely nothing (mascara wise) makes me as happy. Good luck on your search!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing