Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Everything Eyes

So I finally bought my Dipbrow today and..

I'm so sad, I just returned 2 things today like right AFTER I bought them in the store (yes, TODAY), I can't take this back now. Maybe I put it on too heavy, after all I don't have an eyebrow brush yet. Had to use an angled eyeliner until my Anastasia one comes because it's sold out here.

Re: So I finally bought my Dipbrow today and..

I have mine in my basket to order in the morning as soon as I get paid. I do know from talking to the girls in Sephora, and from others on here and various forums, you need to be very light handed with it or else it'll give you that Sharpie look. I'd say wait until you try it out with your ABH brush before giving up, and try and go light and build it up from there. Good luck, and I really hope it ends up working!!!

Yep, I thought I was light handed but perhaps I wasn't enough. (I've never used a brow gel or anything like this before) I do have faith it'll work out when I get my brush Smiley Happy Thanks!

I love my dipbrow so much!  I use the ABH #7 and the best way to use it is be super light handed, start by dipping a thin angled brush and then wipe off as much as you can in the lid then start to apply it.  That way you don't waste any product because it stays in the lid.

Thanks for that tip, I'll do that next time! Definitely didn't today :x

Yikes, I totally know what you are talking about.  I use a powder liner, and if I am too heavy handed or get too much of my darker defining shade mixed in, the results are pretty funny.  Using a light hand and the correct brush should definitely help with that- an eyeliner brush is usually finer than a brow brush so the color would be more concentrated.

I love mine. You need a super light touch. You only need the smallest amount. Definitely try it again before you return it. I love mine. 

Hi Koofa, 

HOW FUNNY you said that! JanineBT (who is no longer here Smiley Sad  was just telling me the SAME THING. Apparently it takes a few tries and NOT a heavy hand which I entirely have. 

What kind of brush are you using? Angled brushes tend to work better for me but I like to REALLY wipe off a lot of product so I don't overdo it. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I couldn't wait to try it, I just used an angled eyeliner brush because the Anastasia eyebrow brush I wanted to buy today was sold out, so I have to order it here! I'm sure that had a lot to do with it!

I definitely agree with everyone else who said to try it again with the lightest touch possible, but another thing is making sure you have the right color for you.  I first bought dark brown which works if I barely touch my brush to the product and blend it very well.  At first I thought it was too dark and that blonde might work since some blonde brow products work for me, but I found that I had to use a little more product (still a tiny amount though) to fill in my brows.  Using the tiniest bit more product made my brows look really unnatural and harsh.  So basically if you find that you need to use anymore than just a slight touch into the product, you might want to try exchanging for a darker color and using the tiniest amount.

Good luck! Definitely try working with it a bit more because it's a wonderful product once you get the hang of it.

I bought it in auburn and have been debating whether to keep or return. I normally use strawburn eye powder duo, but I have a gap in one brow and the powder just doesn't cut it. I may experiment some more before giving up completely!

I have it in auburn and love it!  I used to use brow powder, but I like this a lot better.  There is a learning curve however, so don't give up too soon!  It only takes a very tiny bit, dip the brush in, swirl it in the lid to get rid of the excess and more evenly distribute it, then apply.  I lightly apply a line along the lower arch and another light line on the upper arch, then brush up from the lower arch to the upper arch to distribute the product in the brow, adding more if needed.  After that, if it is a little dark, I brush through it with a stiff brush, then use a damp cotton swab to clean up the edges.  Lasts all day for me!

Thanks for the instructions! I'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.

I'm a Girls fan and that reference is just too funny. LOL!! Aww I'm sure it wasn't that bad! I also got Dipbrow recently and I haven't been able to master it but I think it just takes practice and as others have said the right colour. I got Chocolate because thought Ebony would be too dark but I think I made a bad choice. I'm also not 100% confident in my eyebrow shape and I think that has something do do with my success. 

For those unfamiliar with the show... 

upload_8414890623116039886.jpg

This is still making me laugh! Smiley Happy

u thought funny? i thought racist. Really trying to hold my tongue right now.

I should be clear - what I find funny is her ridiculous eyebrows only and not the comment in question. In the show her coworkers are trying to be nice and "fix" her eyebrows. 

Later her boyfriend sees here and makes the above comment. This obviously was not funny and not at all what I was laughing at. This was not clear in my response so I apologize if anyone was offended. Not at all my intention. 

You have to BARELY touch the product and then I still dab it in the lid to make sure I don't have any excess. I use a MAC 266 to apply.

Just in case you haven't seen me pushing this product enough hahaha!

Yes I have seen you pushing and your brows look amazing! What color do you use again?

Thanks, I was using Ebony but since I colored my hair, I use Dark Brown in the arch and Caramel Brow Wiz or Blonde Dipbrow on the inner portion and blend together.

Your brows do look amazing but so does your makeup! What foundationl/powder do you use? 

Thanks, I normally use Estee Lauder Double Wear but in this photo I was using TNT Cosmetics Cream Foundations and Translucent Powder. I like the powders, but the foundation broke me out :/ They were selling them at their contouring class that I attended and their cosmetics line launches in April I think. A similar product with better ingredients though that you could get at Sephora is Cover Fx Cream Foundation. After I broke out, I went and purchased those for when I want a strong contour.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • upload_8414890623116039886.jpg
  • photo (2).JPG
  • 1601082_642021955832955_1472330595_n.jpg
  • upload_632897176735400549.jpg