Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Replacement for Laura Mercier’s Black Karat eyeshadow?

I discovered today that Laura Mercier has discontinued the eyeshadow “Black Karat,” which is my all- time favorite and everyday staple. 😓 https://modesens.com/product/laura-mercier-baked-eye-colour---wetdry-black-karat-006-oz-180-g-673204... It’s a lovely chameleon of a color…I’d describe it as a shimmering gold/taupe/black. It can be applied either wet or dry, depending on the intensity you are trying to achieve. If anyone has thoughts, I would truly appreciate hearing from you! Thanks!

Re: Replacement for Laura Mercier’s Black Karat eyeshadow?

I just discovered this today too! So sad!  Such a beautiful colour I have never found one like it. Literally here looking for it. 😞 

@gibsae02 from the swatches I can see online it looks like an dark olive. The closest shades I have in my collection are Colourpop Hammered and LÓreal Crushed Foil Eyeshadow in Crushed Stone. Unfortunately, both are discontinued as well. But you can try using those as references to find dupes online. From Temptalia’s blog, it seems like maybe Dose of Colors Jackpot might be similar. Looks at her swatches for Sydney Grace singles and filter out for green and taupe. They have a lot of shades. Hope that helps some!

I checked Temptalia and unfortunately no dupes were listed, @gibsae02. You'll want to check out indie brands such as Devinah or Clionadh or Sydney Grace or see on Instagram, as they tend to have more duo/multichromes rather than Sephora brands. Sorry your fave was discontinued!!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing