Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Primer

What's the best primer to help keep makeup on the nose? When I put on makeup and then contour or hilight on my nose, the makeup on my nose comes off. Any suggestions??

Re: Primer

@Reenie2429 @I use MAC skin refined zone on my t zone and nose 

RE: Primer

hi!! i saw that someone else has already commented this but i love milk hydro grip primer. it is honestly worth it. i normally don’t like primers because they tent to irritate my skin but the hydro grip primer by milk makeup is honestly a blessing

Re: RE: Primer

Same here, i never love a primer so much. Hydrating, no craky and feeling smooth!i sure gonna by that product again.

RE: Primer

Milk Hydro Grip Primer

Primer

try using an eyeshadow primer. My nose has never not lost foundation. Usually it is dissolving in 5-30 mins. Tarte primer with Dior Foundation keeps it on an hour. Too Faced glitter eyeshadow primer and Dior lasted all day with a mask on.

Re: Primer

Hi @Reenie2429!

My favorite primers are Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL and Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer 1.0 oz / 30 mL 

When I do my makeup, I set my foundation with a translucent setting powder before contour and highlighter.  That really helps keep my makeup in place.

RE: Re: Primer

Does this work well for very oily skin?

Re: RE: Re: Primer

Hi @nerdybunnyy 

It works very well for my oily skin and blurs pores.  In order for it to work better, you need to have a good skincare routine.  The primer alone can only do so much.

I use an oil removing cleanser, toner, serum, acne/oil fighting treatments, moisturizer and sunscreen before the primer.  After applying foundation and concealer, I set it with a translucent powder, and after my makeup is finished, I spray with a setting spray.

But even without some of these steps, the primer I mentioned work better than most for me.

thanks! I will try your suggestions!!

thanks! I will try your suggestions!!
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing